Rogue One trailer

I would say it was good and there a few moments where its really good but I think Force awakens is still better.

why
1) Honestly there isn't 1 character in rogue one that holds a candle to returning or even new characters in FA. I wanted and maybe my expectactions were unrealistic. I wanted rogue one to be the Force 10 of Navarone of this generation. I wanted to care more for each character and I blame the director for this. 5-10 minutes for character development would have helped. Forest Whitaker and the pilot needed much more depth

2) I thought the beginning of Rogue 1 dragged at times (yes last 40 it makes up for it)

3) Really don't feel characters have that much emotion in it as well. I'm going to compare it to similar movies and compare emotions (FOTR-Sean Bean way more emotional scene, alien 2 Ripley vs queen, Dutch vs predator after his companions gunned down insert that type of movie). these are classic movies but in most cases not A+ acting movies. you feel the tension and want to jump into the scene to help etc. FA has that somewhat compared to rogue 1

3) for a casual fan I would choose force awakens. Rogue 1 has a lot of fan service for the hard core fans including rebels tv show. I've had to explain to a bunch of people why Rogue 1 is out instead of the sequel to FA.

The problem with FA is the big bad is so lackluster compared to any sith wannabee or really any bad guy in any movie. For the most part these last 2 movies have dropped the ball on adding new bad guys to hate (jury is out on Snoke)

4)

Remove ads