Some Feedback

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
Recently I ran for a guy that had been gaming 'way back when' and had stopped and had just within the past 6 months restarted playing with 5e.

He played in one of my 2 runnings of Suits in the Mists. To be honest I was expecting based on my first meeting, some interjections during the scenario, some pointing out 'what he used to do'.

To my delight, I didnt get that at all. No Interjections, plenty of good roleplaying and a willingness to help out within reason some of the newer .. and yes younger players. He properly filled in his logsheet without needing to really even ask bar session number what each area was for and had a copy of the players guide with him (he did some research on AL before he came).

I would say he was perhaps late 50's, possibly early 60's, however I dont think age is all that good an indicator of someones roleplaying ability.

He unfortunetly wont be able to attend many games, but I kinda feel happy to know that despite all the sniping I see in these forums, the complaints about certs for hardcovers, the complaints about 'oh we cant run an epic because...', that I still find something in AL and gaming in general that does make me feel glad I run these games for others.I know we go on a lot about getting younger people involved in gaming but I often think the older types are often overlooked.

Awesome! Yeah, on the whole, about 90% of my experience with AL and the players has been exceedingly positive. And it's great that this guy is just coming back to the game after so long.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
One member of my old Tiamat group has white hair. I wish more players (and me) had his laid-back thoughtful attitude.

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
Not so much in here but when people post to the Google + and Facebookgroups, its often a great indicator to see what the cultural spread is of players. There are often a fair few white haired people in those photos.

Remove ads