Pathfinder 1E An Introduction to a Pathfinder Golarion-based Campaign, "Thelsikar's Ambition"

Dover Cook

First Post
Hullo. I thought I would post about my current Pathfinder campaign. I'm hoping someone it useful or at least entertaining. That's why I write Pathfinder content.

"Thelsikar's Ambition" is based on the introductory adventure provided in the Pathfinder Beginner Box. I ran the adventure in March of 2013 and received an immediate positive response. I was encouraged by that, so I began writing an expansion to the original dungeon, as the DM's Guide in the box suggested. The campaign has been running for three years. I plan to revive it in the middle of next month.

The known antagonist is Black Fang, the immature Black Dragon from the first adventure. Lesser known, but still present is Thelsikar, a Human Cleric of Lamashtu. Every adventure I have written has been driven by the actions of Thelsikar.

The campaign uses the Fast Advancement track because I only run the game once a month.

Dover Cook

First Post
I have more details to share about "Thelsikar's Ambition".

The campaign is set in Varisia and I have been using bits inspired from the Anniversary Edition of The Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path to flesh it out. The player character's home base is Sandpoint. After a request for more role-playing elements in the adventures, I made some effort to integrate the characters within the town. The adventures before that point had been bog-standard dungeon crawls. They weren't badly-written, just not much depth to them outside of the adventure site.

Dover Cook

First Post
I have written a set of house rules. They fall into three categories: expected behavior, character creation and modification and addition to the Pathfinder Core Rulebook rules. Expected behavior can be summed up by Wheton's Law: "Don't be a jerk". The rest of the behavioral suggestions are all variations on that. Character creation is standard, with the Standard method, 15 point buy or Hero Lab all acceptable alternatives. One major deviation in the house rules from the Core Rule Book is my rule of thumb that non-hostile creatures can be spoken with if there is a common language between them and a player character. Creatures are not bags of experience points to be slaughtered out of hand in my setting and adventures.

Dover Cook

First Post
I have written a background file for the campaign, listing important elements of the setting and the adventures I have written. It is over 730 words long, over five pages. It mostly consolidates information on the first campaign arc, "Thelsikar's Ambition". Between March 7th and April 16th, I added a section on the second planned campaign arc, "Riddles in Port, Pirates and Drow". The second arc is set in Riddleport and will use the Second Darkness Adventure Path for inspiration.

Remove ads