American Football Gaming

Bynw

The Oyarsa of IRC
I have seen a few attempts at making a table-top version of (American) football. Some had some good ideas and others were just terrible attempts. So I thought I would try my hand at it as well. I've been a gamer for decades and I like football. Most of my family likes sports but really aren't into gaming. So I'm using this as a way to bridge the gap between the two interests. Since they do like some boardgames like most people. I have the rules written up and posted to a couple of websites I own. So I thought I would just go ahead and share one of the links here.

http://teara-adan.com/?page_id=479

That will take you right to my write up of the game. At the bottom of the page are a few downloads for the rules and "character" sheets and stuff. I haven't found a royalty free football field yet so that's not included.

Enjoy.

Let me know what you think. There is lots of room for expansion too.

fjw70

Adventurer
I thought about doing something like this with the FFG Star Wars narrative dice system. In my version (which is in my head and never played) the QB would make a roll to throw the ball (with distance determining the difficulty) and any threats would add setback dice to the receiver's catch roll. Maybe a triumph on the roll would determine that the defending DB falls don and if the receiver makes the catch then it is an automatic TD.

I will take a look at your system though. It is probably more developed than mine.

Celebrim

Legend
The only interest I've ever had in American Football was what Games Workshop did with their Blood Bowl board game.

Blood Bowl remains not only the best take on American Football in gaming, but also one of the best two player games ever made. Seriously, I could care less about most of GW's lineup, but Blood Bowl is just made of pure awesome.

Remove ads