Recommendations for Small Groups

EvilJohn

Villager
Greetings,

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations for DMs Guild content that works well or is easily modifiable for a party for 2 or 3 players?

Thanks!

You can check out the reviews here; http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...ed-Quill-DMs-Guild-Reviews-Updated-on-Mondays

One of those is mine (Balance Disturbed). I believe it would be pretty easy to adapt to smaller than standard (4) characters. The first encounter is moderated by having lots of neutral targets to distract the overwhelming enemy, so 1 or 2 fewer PCs shouldn't make much difference. Several of the other encounters are skill based, and therefore are quantity independent. The other two primary combat encounters should be easy to adjust. I'd help you do that if you want. I wrote it, so I believe it's pretty good, but, take a look at the previews that are available.

I've bought "Hand of the Wychlaran" because of the review and have scanned it. Looks good and very professionally put together, but I don't know if it would be easily modifiable. I'm sure you could PM Dave and he would get back to you. I've had a brief conversation with him and he is very helpful and seemingly honest.

Otherwise, I suspect you could work with just about any module. Some would have more or less work required to adjust them. But, I'd suggest you find one in which you like the story. And don't forget that you could also have each player run 2 characters.

EvilJohn

Villager
Thanks for your feedback. I was actually looking that very RPG. I'm looking at some low attendance weeks in my campaign coming up, and I want to keep the group going. Obviously exploring backstories is a great idea, but I'm wanting to do this without taking on too much prep. Re-purposing some DMs Guild seemed a logical way to approach the issue.

I'm also looking at the Duet Columns on RPG.NET which has good advice for approach these situations.

The other thing I'm doing is exploring an alternate monster RPG event, where the characters play the monsters in an encounter the players completed in the past. I can rely on material I've already prepared, just from a different perspective.

Remove ads