The Untamed Wilds: Caravan Campaign

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 52: In Southroad Fair, Part 2

"If no one else has laid claim to them I would like to have the marine colored stone, the and one of the brown stones in addition to the shiny gray stone...I'm going to make a necklace to wear into battle."
Sannit rubs his beard and nods as he and Bolo head off toward the bath house. As Indigo is unburdening the pack animals, she hands Saemund the bag containing all the extra stones.

Sheldon adds,
"Maeli, the Herbalist, can make jewelry. She will also, likely, trade services for any of the stones that you do not want. She will resale them to the public. From the looks of things, there is plenty of business in town."

OOC: Herbalist

Last edited:

MacConnell

Day 52: In Southroad Fair, Part 3

Merin and Tor want to compare all of the identified skulls, tusks, etc. to see if any of them offer greater augmentation than their current charms...
GM: Tor selects a bird skull talisman, a boar tusk necklace, a pair of spider fangs, and a fisher claw talisman.
Merin selects a bird skull talisman and a fisher claw talisman. Merin's belt and surcoat already provide greater augmentation.

Later that evening at the Boar's Head Tavern, Sannit's story is, as always, well received, as he tells it from the stage. Galen, the bard, takes notes in hopes of compiling a song. As Sannit returns to the Seekers' table...
Merin whispers to Sannit,
Tellerian Hawke said:
"Perhaps we should leave those parts out... calling them Benders; that would suggest a familiarity amongst ourselves as to what these people were doing. Someone might start to wonder if we are Benders. If we mention these sorts of things, we should use less "professional" terms. There is an old saying that it takes one to know one. Therefore, we should try to appear as unfamiliar with Way and Bending as possible, to avoid any unnecessary suspicions among the townsfolk."
Sheldon, who has already enjoyed two mugs of Pine Vine Mellow, laughs,
"You are too paranoid my friend. Benders, witches, warlocks, they are all superstitious terms steeped in folk lore. Since we killed some, that makes us heroes, defenders of the common people. Of course those of the more skeptical sort, will think it all just a story to bolster our reputation. But then again... you start wearing a bunch of bones hanging around..."

He starts laughing again and Indigo punches him in the arm.

"Okay! Okay. We have a bear and a cat. Animals hate benders. Everyone knows that."

Last edited:

MacConnell

Day 52: The Boar's Head Tavern

Giodavi.jpg

When things settle down some for the night, Giodavi approaches the Seekers, seeming even more boisterous than usual, almost to the point of giddiness.

"It is good to see you all alive and well, my friends. It has been a quite good few days. The Spice Caravan is in town. Sadly, it should depart tomorrow.

You, Sannit, are an excellent Minister of Foreign Relations. The remnant of the Rheini clan that you sent this way has joined our community. They have provided us with skilled hunters as well has more guards and carpenters. Their chief Passaro looks to be a scary one, but he is very friendly and seems to be learning Ansylin quickly. That reminds me, a middle aged Rheini woman came from the south. She speaks Ansylin and Rheini and has been a big help. She has befriended Maeli, the Herbalist, and has been staying with her.

Anyway, business, a crew located the copper vein you found and returned with just over 7600 ingots worth of copper. Our agreement was 10% in credit. Lyndha has made sure of your due.

It is great to hear you got rid of that horror with that tree. Lyndha will be very happy. She does not like the crowd. You should see her at the Trade Store tomorrow.

Any new news
?"

Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Saemund removes the stones he wants and adds them to the stones he already has. He hands the rest of the bag back to Sannit. He takes the mottled brown stone and the green stone already in his possession and adds them to the shiny gray stone, marine stone and the brown stone he took from the bag. Saemund nods at Sheldon and sets off to find Maeli the herbalist to make a necklace for him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin also mentions the small deposit of aluminum that the party found. He shows Giodavi the map that he made.

If Sannit has not already said this, Tor mentions the details of what the benders were up to, i.e., the creation of zombies for use as expendable troops.

Lastly, Merin mentions the fact that Giodavi should consider increased protection for Lyndha, given that her detection abilities might prove inconvenient to our enemies in Asylim.

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Merin -
Tellerian Hawke said:
"Perhaps we should leave those parts out... calling them Benders; that would suggest a familiarity amongst ourselves as to what these people were doing. . . "

Sannit winks and whispers back, "That's why I worded it like that. I want to draw a distinction between us and others with our abilities. We have had a large amount of success in a short time. These people are bound to figure out we have similar powers."

He says to Giodavi, "We are happy to help with hostile neighbors, and we are glad that the Rheini have found a place to belong. The Seekers have decided to go our own way for a while, perhaps do a little hunting."

In town when she has time Bolo will work on making her own talismans, combining some of the feathers and stones she already has. Bolo also suggests visiting with the caravan to see what they have to trade.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
In response to Saemund's stones, Sannit says, "You're entitled to whatever you wish along with everyone else. You might consider training in abilities similar to Sheldon and I. Then you would draw power from metal as the others do from feathers and bones and our armor and weapons would give us boosts similar to those stones."

MacConnell

Day 52: In Southroad Fair, Part 4

Saemund removes the stones he wants and adds them to the stones he already has. He hands the rest of the bag back to Sannit...Saemund nods at Sheldon and sets off to find Maeli the herbalist to make a necklace for him.
Sannit waves him off as he tries to hand back the small bag.

Sheldon adds,
"You will need the other stones to pay Maeli for her services. Trade as you need. We are all equals, here."

Heading straight for the Herbalist Shop, Saemund sees that there are 2 guards posted outside. The male speaks as he approaches.

"The Herbalist is closed for the evening... You are one of the Southroad Seekers. Glad you are back in town. There is a lot of activity with the Spice Caravan being here. I am sorry, though. Maeli is not here right now and we are not to allow anyone inside. She will be back open tomorrow."

Remove ads