[v.3.5] Realmsian Dragonstar: The Battle of Toril PbP Game [IC] (Game Cancelled)

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Taking the cylinder from Tocrhor's hand, Shazer'a nods, "this will be a large boon in a fight against the Legions. Though it is disturbing, especially marked as this is by House Sarava. If true that the Empire was here, then the Emperors' claim is not unjustified. This may truly be a planet in rebellion even if it was centuries ago. Though the reports are still lies. I am left with confusion as to what is going on here.

"Huh, I wondered what that Illusion was hiding," is all Shazer's says when she drops her disguise. As the back world cleric begins to get unreasonable, he adds to Tocrhor's reasoned words, "Idriane, you need to be practical. She has done no harm that we know of down here and whatever she may have done if anything, this place is likely going to be destroyed in a matter of hours by the Empire. Her presence is the least of your worries. Besides, she not an actual fiend, just their descendant, in the same way that I'm not an actual Bronze dragon, though I am much closer generationally than she, so it's not an exact analogy. Let us continue our search for things that will be of us against the Empire. Watch her if you must."

With that, Shazer'a continues to search throughout the room, eventually coming across the odd sphere. "Tocrhor, come and see this, I have never seen it's like, nor can I read the runes engraved on it. Let me see if this is magical writing." as Tocrhor is making his way over, Shazer'a quickly casts a spell everyone in the room probably recognizes as read magic.

As he's about to start examining the sphere in more depth, the Centurion opens fire and Shazer's jerk's his head up sharply, it is begun, we must take what we have and flee quickly for this Candlekeep. We can confer about this device as we travel the road there Tocrhor." Over his comlink comes, "Shaz, get up here, they have begun!"

"Yes Nel, we noticed. We are coming back to meet you. Safeguard that old man until we arrive. With that he takes the sphere and turns to leave the cavern.

OOC: Shazer's Magic Sense spellware should allow him to see any magic auras on either the Sunsword or the sphere with strange runes.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"That's a circular argument, isn't it?" Silhouette asks. "If you knew who I was, you wouldn't have brought me...because you didn't know who I was?"

"And just to add to the rich irony, it's that sort of attitude that provoke me to hide my face in the first place. So who then is to blame for this veneer?"

She looks at the others levelly. "Why not judge by my actions then? If there is truth to be found, let it be found there. Did I let you fight alone at the harbor? I could have slipped away in the chaos, unnoticed. I could have waited to see who was winning, then aided that side to curry favor."

"But yes, let this be the moment of decision. Send me away, if you wish, and you will not be troubled by me...or aided by me...again."
"I think she's made her point well," Tocrhor says to the Gondite priest. "You need to let this go. You will need a lot of allies against the Empire. Trust me."

Idriane sighs in resignation. "It is hard to accept, but I will do so and take you at your word," she says to Silhouette. "I will try to be more accepting, and I hope you will forgive my rudeness."

(OOC - I can roll Bluff if you like, but I intended the comment about lying mostly as a sort of internal flavor? I meant that the 'apology' wasn't sincere, because she doesn't feel like she did anything wrong. :) )
OOC: Nah, don't worry about it.

Taking the cylinder from Tocrhor's hand, Shazer'a nods, "this will be a large boon in a fight against the Legions. Though it is disturbing, especially marked as this is by House Sarava. If true that the Empire was here, then the Emperors' claim is not unjustified. This may truly be a planet in rebellion even if it was centuries ago. Though the reports are still lies. I am left with confusion as to what is going on here.
"I agree, it is troubling," Tocrhor agrees. "It will be tough to stop this invasion if there is any chance that Toril was once part of the Empire."

"It can't be the truth," Idriane retorts. "There is no part of my world's history that says Toril was ever part of a starfaring empire. At least, nothing I've ever studied or ever heard mention of."

"It's something to be determined at another time," the hobgoblin says.

"Huh, I wondered what that Illusion was hiding," is all Shazer's says when she drops her disguise. As the back world cleric begins to get unreasonable, he adds to Tocrhor's reasoned words, "Idriane, you need to be practical. She has done no harm that we know of down here and whatever she may have done if anything, this place is likely going to be destroyed in a matter of hours by the Empire. Her presence is the least of your worries. Besides, she not an actual fiend, just their descendant, in the same way that I'm not an actual Bronze dragon, though I am much closer generationally than she, so it's not an exact analogy. Let us continue our search for things that will be of us against the Empire. Watch her if you must."
The cleric nods in agreement and after apologizing to Siel, she tries her best not to 'watch' the tiefling out of the corner of her eye. Siel's presence still makes the Gondite nervous, but she stays true to her word.

With that, Shazer'a continues to search throughout the room, eventually coming across the odd sphere. "Tocrhor, come and see this, I have never seen it's like, nor can I read the runes engraved on it. Let me see if this is magical writing." as Tocrhor is making his way over, Shazer'a quickly casts a spell everyone in the room probably recognizes as read magic.

As he's about to start examining the sphere in more depth, the Centurion opens fire and Shazer's jerk's his head up sharply, it is begun, we must take what we have and flee quickly for this Candlekeep. We can confer about this device as we travel the road there Tocrhor." Over his comlink comes, "Shaz, get up here, they have begun!"

"Yes Nel, we noticed. We are coming back to meet you. Safeguard that old man until we arrive. With that he takes the sphere and turns to leave the cavern.

OOC: Shazer's Magic Sense spellware should allow him to see any magic auras on either the Sunsword or the sphere with strange runes.
OOC: The sunsword radiates thre auras -- one is a moderate Divination aura, the second is a strong Evocation aura, and the third is a strong aura that seems to baffle Shaz's Magic Sense. All of the auras in the room (including the ones on the characters' equipment) seem to warp and twist in the presence of the sphere, which radiates an overwhelming aura that seems to shift through all the schools of magic. The strong aura on the sunblade that Shaz can't decipher seems to be drawn to the sphere, in an arc that seems to lick the sphere and then bounce off it, even stronger.

The longer that Shaz looks at the sphere's aura, the harder it is on his senses. If he stares at it too long, it will begin to burn his eyes and his ears will ring. His mouth becomes dry and he will begin to shake uncontrollably. It will feel like his skin is on fire. All he needs to do is close his eyes, and the sensations stops. There is no compulsion for him to keep studying the aura and no save against the effects he feels, if he chooses to do so. (I wouldn't advise it.)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Dakashi and Hadyri collect themselves after their disturbing communion with their deity. They quickly discuss the strange occurrence with each other before beginning to locate the rest of (t)he group.
Once out of their commune with Saridor, the two companions note that the temple seems to be completely empty except for a single acolyte who is standing near the open door that leads into the High Artificer's private chambers. The acolyte is shaking in fear and there is a strange green light emanating through the door. The acolyte looks like he wants to run away, but he seems to be frozen in place.

Hadyri moves close enough to see through the door. What she sees startles her. The High Artificer is floating vertically in midair and the light is coming from him. His eyes! His eyes are gone and his eye sockets are blackened pits with what looks like an inferno of red stars swirling in them.

She quickly returns to Dakashi's side, visibly shaken. She points to the open doorway and tells Dakashi what she just saw.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Rodan looks sternly at Calark and his companion. "You may be dedicated to this High Artificer, but if this man won't move then he is as good as dead. The Empire is here, and death has come for your city. You must leave now." He waves towards the fleeing people. "These fearful people are the living who will survive this great destruction. Will you leave them behind for one maddened man? Who will help them in the days to come, if not you and other future leaders? You must have the courage to leave this place and face the unknown terrors that come to refugees of war. Again, leave! Now!"

Rodan attempts to push them along firmly. Then he takes to the air and looks once more for the closest exit. Flee... flee now... His whole body begins to shake with the knowledge that time is running out and he needs to get moving.
Rodan's words and actions shock Calark into a stupor. The young acolyte seems unsure of how to respond.

The other acolyte takes the raptoran's lead as a sign to leave. He runs away from the the temple towards the fornt of the of the slow caravan heading towards the Black Dragon Gate.

Kethrendil arched an eyebrow at Rodan's response. He gave the raptoran an odd look as he departed, then turned back to Calarak. "Come on, let's go see if we can get the High Artificer to calm down enough to bring him along. We'll need him."
Keth's words snaps Calarek out of his shock and he nods at the elf's encouragement.

Then the memories take hold of him once more of burned corpses inside peaceful abodes. Of what the Empire's weapons do to those left behind. Cursing himself, Rodan strains under his equipment's weight and half-flies, half-hops towards the temple holding the High Artificer. Maybe there's still time to save one more...
Rodan lands next to Keth and Calarek. The acolyte doesn't look at him.

Keth pondered how to approach this. He was good with words, good enough to calm down most folk, but dealing with those afflicted with madness was always tricky. The elf did a quick check of his options. He had a brief moment of annoyance at past choices of what spells to learn. He turned to the acolytes. "I don't suppose you can put him to sleep? Either with magic or a drug? Would make things a lot easier."
"There is no magic I could cast that would have any effect on him. He strength of will is beyond my ability to affect. That's why I... I'm unsure what's happening to him. His eyes have gone completely black and he was babbling nonsense." The acolyte's concern for his master seems very genuine. "There might be something in the apothecary room that could slow his movements but we'd need to get him to swallow it. Zakarias is watching him."

He then pulled out his roll of rope. He gave the acolytes a blank look. "Just in case. Last resort. Don't worry. Trust me."
Soumral stands quietly on watch for any trouble after having seen to those that she was helping. She keeps a small portion of her attention on those around her in case something needs to be remembered later.

She resists the urge to roll her eyes after hearing that and responds, "You do know that nothing ever good happens after someone says that don't you?"
Calarak waits for Keth and Soumral to finish their conversation before adding, "It's a good precaution. The High Artificer might not be a soldier but he is still a tough warrior. If he fights, it will be hard to hold him."

After entering the temple, the heroes and acolyte find Dakashi and his cohort conversing. They are looking towards the open doorway leading into the High Artificer's chambers. A strange greenish light is shining through the door, and a young acolyte stands near the doorway, shaking in fear.

"Zakarias, what is it? What has happened? Zakarias!" Calarek calls out but the acolyte doesn't speak... doesn't even move.

A dark laugh echoes through the main hall of the temple and the light pouring out the open doorway intensifies. "So many stars. So much power!" The voice laughs again before speaking again. "I accept your terms, Great Smith. I will kill them all, just give me more of your power!"

The light turns a dark green and Zakarias is thrown away from the door violently. The force that pushes him burns his skin and hair yet doesn't scream. He makes no sound at all, as he dies. His corpse lands a few feet from Dakashi and Hadyri. Then, horrifically, as it burns greenish-red flames, it stands!

OOC: Roll Initiative! :]

Last edited:

Buddha the DM

Explorer
Soumral looks disgusted at the abomination that has arisen before them and mutters a prayer, "Blessed Corellon aid us as we defend this place against those that would see it come to harm."

She knocks one arrow after another while taking aim at the creature in front of her, and then tries to place them where they will do the most good.

OOC:
Attack #1:
http://orokos.com/roll/471007 1d20+14 32; Damage #1: 1d8+4+1d6 9
Attack #2:http://orokos.com/roll/471009 1d20+9 11; Damage #2: 1d8+4+1d6 11

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Soumral looks disgusted at the abomination that has arisen before them and mutters a prayer, "Blessed Corellon aid us as we defend this place against those that would see it come to harm."

She knocks one arrow after another while taking aim at the creature in front of her, and then tries to place them where they will do the most good.
The first arrow manages to nick the skull of the blazing bone before it is consumed by the undead's unnatural fire. The arrow fails to connect completely with the undead creature, reducing the damage dealt, so much so, that the fiery undead barely notices.

The second arrow passes through the flames but doesn't strike the blazing bones. It thunks into a pillar behind the creature, burning.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Dakashi moves quickly to place himself where he can see the High Artificer through the open doorway into the chamber beyond. What he sees is troubling. The man is floating in midair and his eyes are blackened pits. His hair looks like it is on fire, the color of burning coals in a forge. He is surrounded by what appears to be a powerful aura that extends to the edge of the doorway. The High Artificer doesn't react to Dakashi until the devotee of Saridor fires two energy currents toward him.

The electrical power seems to hit a barrier that Dakashi thinks might stop it, but the currents break through and hit the man square in the chest. At the last moment, part of the energy rebouds from the man, but the bulk of the electricity scorches him. The High Artificer doesn't cry out but his star-filled eye sockets look directly at Dakashi.

"You will pay for that, elan."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"Zakarias! Destroy them!" Thalamond yells.

Yes, my master." The burning bones hisses.

"I cannot allow that," Calarek commands. "Stand fast, Zakarias! And yield!"

The undead chuckles in response, which sounds like the crackling of a bonfire. "I am more powerful than you, now, Calarek. The master will turn you too, eventually." The blazing bones shambles towards Calarek and the others. It places itself within equal distance of everyone in the room while staying out of the reach of Dakashi and Hadyri. Then it shouts a single word. "Firestorm!"

"Yes, yes! Burn them all, my minion!"

The air around the blazing bones begins to swirl into a whirlwind and the undead abomination seems to collapse in on itself, becoming a spinning pile of fiery bones. Then it explodes out in a 30-foot radius sphere as if someone had cast a fireball spell into the middle of the room. The flames engulf all.

Thalamond laughs manically while Calarek screams in pain as the firestorm burns him nearly to death. Once the flames have cleared, what was once Zakarias stands where he was a moment before, reformed and ready to attack anyone who comes near.

OOC: Calarek's Turning Check > 1d20+4=11 (fail); Blazing Bones Firestorm > 6d6=26 (Reflex save [DC 15] for half damage); Calarek's Reflex save > 1d20+3=13 (fail) [ouch!]

Remove ads