[v.3.5] Realmsian Dragonstar: The Battle of Toril PbP Game [IC] (Game Cancelled)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Soumral takes her shot at the orc that seems to be losing their mind, "Let's see how you like this then."

OOC: Just before she lets the arrow fly she'll whisper the activation word for the shock enchantment on her bow if bringing it up is a free action. If not ignore the d6 part of the roll for damage.

1st Attack Roll: 1d20+14: 21 [1d20=7]
Dmg (If hit): 1d8+4+1d6: 13 [1d8=6] [1d6=3 electricity]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Quicker than Kethrendil could react, the action had already started! A blur had slammed into the golem-like steel beings. Was that a... xeph?!

No, not golems, but men, Kethrendil surmised, hearing one of them cry out upon being struck with an impressive strike. However, the elf had not time being impressed, he had a bombard aimed straight for him...

... which was resolved when a great brown bear appeared out of thin air and mauled the driver! Kethrendil grinned. Not alone, and no matter how strange these guys are, we can fight back.

With a quick arcane word, Kethrendil granted himself magical flight, and flew straight ahead at one of the armored troopers engaged with the xeph. Channeling magical electricity into this courtblade, and gripping it with both hands, he brought it down upon his target.

OOC: Kethrendil uses a swift action to cast swift fly and moves 60 ft. to the nearest armored trooper. As a standard action, he arcane channels shocking grasp into his elven courtblade and attacks (attack roll: [1d20+14] = 2+14 = 16 plus another +3 bonus from shocking grasp if target is considered wearing metal armor; damage: [1d10+4] = 7+4 = 11 and [5d6] = 14 electricity).

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Originally Posted by Buddha the DM
Soumral takes her shot at the orc that seems to be losing their mind, "Let's see how you like this then."
"You'll have to do better than that, elf spawn," the orc man boasts loudly. "You'll find me hard to pin down with that primitive toy. I've faced the worst that the ISPD has to offer, so I'm not afraid of an ignorant backworlder."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"Huh," Shazer'a says as he sees backworlders bravely charging people wearing shock armor with no visible armor that he could see. Shifting his google to EM scan, he quickly picks up the sentrette activily broadcasting its alert signal. "Hit me with some oomph and then let's get that coward Lachlan Nel, he doesn't have a leg to stand on way out here." he unclips a small spherical object from his belt and tosses it to Nelalwe (ooc: Stun Grenade). He quickly moves over to the detected signal, analyzes the connections from the sentrette and the explosive and confidently disarms the explosives. Grabbing the explosives and stowing them these could be useful later (ooc: if they seem safe to take that is...) Shazer'a then looks up assessing the situation. "We should try to get that hover jeep if we can, it would solve a lot of problems," he says to the air.

In answer to the elf woman, "those are very well armed pirates, don't hold your arrows, if you can hit anything, do so."

Nelalwe releases the held power in her quiescent weave with a touch to each of them as Shazer'a moves off and catches the grenade with practiced ease. Picking a target out of the crowd of pirates who seems a most likely candidate and chanting out a quick spell hits one with days worth of malnourishment and fatigue.

OOC: Quiescent weave held Animalsitic Power and Extended Fly; cast spell Esurience (Player companion) Fort save DC 18, 7d6 (29) Subdual Damage and Fatigued even if save. )

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
OOC: Demolitions check 1d20+13: 20 [1d20=7]

Shazer'a sighs in relief just a a voice crackles in the air around him. "Well done, Shazer'a. It's good to see you haven't lost your touch." The voice seems to be coming from inside the half-dragon's own comms.

Shazer'a knows that voice. His blood begins to boil. Lachlan Scaro!

"Aww, you remember me. How sweet. How pathetic. Still cleaning up other peoples messes I see. It's too bad your here, Shazer'a. There is no fragging way you and your rabble are going to save this world when the Imperials arrive. Oh wait! Their already here doing a sweep of the system. I'd thought this world was a rebelling Imperial colony. I guess I should have dug deeper during my research. The files had Toril marked as an Imperial colony but there is no way this backwater world is part of the Dragon Empire. It soon will be, though, and there's nothing you can do about it." Lachlan's voice pauses in Shazer'a's ear. "You want to know why? Sure, I'll tell you. Mithral. Lots and lots of mithral. This world has tons of it and you know how much the Empire loves it mithral. And the magic here is off the charts, Shaz! Not that its going to help them against Imperial starships. A battleship called the Centurion is already in orbit. The invasion is foregone conclusion at this point. If I were you, I'd get my tail offworld before the dropships arrive."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Originally Posted by KainG
With a quick arcane word, Kethrendil granted himself magical flight, and flew straight ahead at one of the armored troopers engaged with the xeph. Channeling magical electricity into this courtblade, and gripping it with both hands, he brought it down upon his target.
Kethrendil's blade slides off the armored man's armor like water of a duck's back. The electricity seems to be absorbed into the armor or at least dissipated by it.

"You should have flown away," the man mocks. Kethrendil can smell the orc blood even through the strange armor.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Dakashi assesses the situation and immediately realizes that the man he and Hadyri rescued from the storm shouldn't be here. Using psionic teleport, he moves the man out of sight of the invaders well to the rear and behind the inner gate's wall. "Dead Mystra be praised," Haspur exclaims.

Dakashi watches as Hadyri rushes the stellar pirates and and slams her fist into one of them. He smiles as he moves to cover behind a wooden wagon sitting along the western side of the road. He doesn't see the summoned bear appear but hears the results. He watches as the half-dragon dismantles something metallic near where he and Hadyri had just been standing.

He prepares to use energy current on any other foes that come near Hadyri.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Silhouette and Thrak

Meanwhile...
The streets of Baldur's Gate were teeming. Hysteria was spreading, and with it came packs of people struggling at odds with one another. Many were families either trying to get home or trying to reach the city walls to get out. Others were looters, breaking windows and taking advantage of the chaos to try and stuff their pockets. Sometimes one type became the other, and then back. And then there were those who were just...fleeing. Trying to find a safe place.

When it was the sky going mad though, where was safe?

For all the press and cries and frenzy, the crowd parted for Thrak. Being a good two heads taller than a full grown man, impossibly broad and muscled, and clad entirely in steel had that effect. His companion made substantially less impact, being invisible and directly behind him. She probably didn't NEED to be, but Thrak knew she disliked public appearances.

They were moving against the crowd, towards the harbor, hugging buildings wherever possible to get some cover from the falling floes of ice.

"I still think under the streets would have been better," the goliath muttered.

A quiet voice came from behind him, "There will be people down there too...and the people there would be far more...predatory than those here."

Thrak worked his shoulders and glared up at the seething clouds overhead. "I can kill people. I can't kill storms."

There was a chuckle. "Killing isn't always the answer."

As they crossed away from the markets the crowds thinned. There were still stragglers, scampering in ones and twos and threes...and of course plenty of people unconscious or dead in the streets with hailstones the size of men's head scattered around them...but they could make faster time. Thrak had a close call when a hailstone hurtled down at him, but it shattered about a foot over his head, impacting a protective barrier that had been invisible but flared like a series of nested honeycomb cells when struck, then faded again.

Thrak grunted and shook his head, and they hurried onward. The walls rose up over the buildings ahead, signaling that the Docks district was near. With any luck the crews of the ships were slowed by the weather as well. They only needed one ship to be intact, with enough crew to sail. Just one, and Silhouette could work her will to gain herself and her companion passage.

The hail was troubling though. Ships were built to resist weather, but this was no ordinary storm. Would sails stand up to this? Decks? She wasn't sure. Not for the first time she cursed that she still hadn't managed to unlock the latent potential in the enchanted belt around her waist. That would have been an easy way out...but it thirsted for more power than she was yet able to provide it in one go.

As Silhouette, fading into view as her invisibility wore off, and Thrak approached the stone wall dividing the Docks from the rest of the city, something curious happened. A man appeared from nowhere. They stopped, and Thrak reached back to grasp the hilt of his sword.

"Wait." Silhouette was revealed as humanoid, female, but with some distinct differences. Her skin was absolutely black in shade...darker even than the midnight violet of the drow. Against that backdrop, the white of her eyes and teeth were startlingly bright and she had no hair on her head. She was clad in a flowing robe of entwined streams of deep purple and red, making a strange aurora that clung to her voluptuous figure.

Thrak stayed his hand as the man crowed something about Mystra.

"I know him." Silhouette approached him, her curiosity tempered by wariness. She leaned down a little to get a closer look. "Haspur, is it? The 'mad prophet' of Baldur's Gate? You're no spellcaster...how did you appear here?"

The goliath frowned deeply. He knew her well, but it was hard to stand aside for her legendary inquisitiveness when the skies spat death and who knew what worse was to come. There were times to gather knowledge and secrets, and times to stay on task. But it was not for him to command the likes of her.

OOC: Violet and Maroon

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Silhouette hears a voice in her mind, "My master transported Haspur away from the battle in the harbor. Haspur is under the protection of my master, Dakashi. Who may I ask are you and your companion?"

OOC: Lavender Blush for psicrystal

At the voice in her mind, Silhouette went very still.

"Dakashi," she said, and glanced sidelong at Thak. His brow somehow managed to beetle even more, and he shook his head slowly.

Her eyes flicked back to Haspur, then roved over his emaciated form, seeking the source of the voice as she replied.

"Your master would seem to have a kind heart, using that kind of magic on behalf of one such as this," she said lightly. "I am called Silhouette. This is Thak. Tell me more of this battle in the harbor." As she leaned over to pull Haspur's vest open, she added, "And what is your name, whisperer of the mind?"

The voice continues, "I have no name my lady. I am a fraction of Dakashi's persona made manifest through use of his mind magic.

Haspur foretold of forces beyond our realms who are here to plunder Toril. They operate strange and powerful metal machines of death...

I believe the death of Mystra is linked to this invasion but i do not have proof yet.

Haspur also foretold of heroes who would band together to save this world from destruction.

Do you wish to save this world from destruction?"

While looking at Haspur, you can see a tiny ruby colored crystal which pulsates with a faint inner light. At first glance looks like a brooch but further examination reveals it has tiny spider like legs which it is using to clasp itself to Haspur's clothing.

If you attempt to remove it or the clothing it is attached to... it jumps or floes and re-affixes itself elsewhere on Haspurs clothing.

"Of course I wish to save it from destruction," Silhouette murmured, her eyes narrowing a little when she spied the gem. It skittered away from her fingers though, and she decided not to try to force the issue. "I keep all my things here. So, Haspur's important, hm? Who would have guessed...?"

She stood again. "Thak, bring him with us. Just to the gate. We wouldn't want him struck by a stray arrow or spell."

"Let's see this battle in the harbor for ourselves."

The towering goliath leaned down and scooped Haspur up in his hands, then carried him towards the gate in the inner city wall as Silhouette again cloaked herself in invisibility to get a relatively safe view of the conflict raging within.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The female half-ogre steps behind the hoverjeep (away from the bear) using it for cover and opens fire. The sound of the semiautomatic railgun rifle reverberates through the air as it fires. She fires one burst in the direction of Shazer'a just after the half-dragon disarms the bomb and a second burst at Dakashi just before the elan erudite ducks behind the wagon.

The weapon shifts on her as the bear mauls the hoverjeep's driver against the vehicle, and her first burst fires wildly into the inner wall of the city. It punches three holes in the stone. She compensates for the second burst and hits the elan with the first bullet from the burst. The other two rounds bore holes through the wagon moments before Dakashi moves to hide there. The holes are as big as his fist. Luckily the bullet that hits him didn't do the same to his leg, although it is a bad way. The wound is surprising cold to the touch but feels like its on fire. Then Dakashi notices that the holes in wagon are rimmed with ice.

The half-ogre yells at Dakashi, "I got you, little man. Hiding won't save you."

OOC: 5-foot step, 1st Burst (at Shazer'a) > 1d20+13=27 (miss); Second Burst (at Dakashi) > 1d20+8=20 (hit Dakashi's flat-footed AC); Damage > 3d12+1+1d6=24

Remove ads