Aurek Squad: Heroes of The Rebellion [RECRUITING; OOC]

Zerith

First Post
In that case I can shift away from Pink Mohawks. Brownies for who ever gets the reference. I also think you glossed over one who i'll go ahead and fill out more.
___

RX-490: <----> droid and, former, body double for seven, northern, Mustafarians; including two guild chiefs and a member of the Black Sun. RX-490's ability to mimic was highly dependent on the tendency of Mustafarians to be fully covered: allowing the smoothly moving droid to be modified to fill out an individual's outline convincingly. Most recently the droid, before its conscription into the rebellion, was an overseer for the empire.
Chief Olam Dragin enjoyed being in multiple places at once to make his presence know: Sadly, the droid was not a perfect mimic and prolonged exposure to those familiar with the chief as well as its own ticks starting to surface, caused the droid to be ousted as an imposter. Instead of simply selling the droid at this point, the Imperially aligned chief chose to let the droid act as it had; a direct underling and enforcer, a little needed role truth be told. Eventually the droid was encountered and seized by rebel forces keen to use what details it knew to hamper productivity on mustafar...
___

The above character, once fleshed out, would be more of a face and utility character then a combatant.
I was going to say medical droid, but other then being a capable face nothing is really set about the character. Could also work well as a politico/slicer talking through some barriers and hacking past others. Could be a politico/assassin, talk its way into meeting a big wig then off the target.
Having RX be a thief and politico is another option that would work well, talk his way in and either copy pay data or just take the item in question before excusing itself. I think you get the idea.

I can do more then just Mohawk.
If you want me to try another toon tell me what you would like to see. And yes, I'm more interested in getting my star wars fix then running a specific character; if I get a DM who is not afraid to set their foot down, all the better.
But if you still think I can't fit into or play a role you like, I'll leave it here.

~Zerith

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Question! During these times, what might a family do, particularly a wealthy family but really any family, what would they do if they figured out their young child was force sensitive or actually had Jedi like powers? Like, stuff started.... happening... when the child got overly happy or angry or you know, was acting kid like. ... just wondering... :D

Jago

Explorer
Question! During these times, what might a family do, particularly a wealthy family but really any family, what would they do if they figured out their young child was force sensitive or actually had Jedi like powers? Like, stuff started.... happening... when the child got overly happy or angry or you know, was acting kid like. ... just wondering... :D

Depends very strongly on the political leanings of the family. An older family that is a friend to the Alliance might realize the child is actually Force Sensitive, but may not really be sure what to do about that. They may discourage them from using these abilities, or they may actively encourage it, but with warnings. Those closer to the Core Worlds would more than likely realize what the abilities are, but the closer they are to the Core, the more they may discourage it, as they would be far closer to The Empire's control.

If the family was more Imperial aligned, again, two possibilities. One, they would harshly discourage this. It is odd, it is different, and therefore it is dangerous. It does not fit the Imperial ideal of uniformity and order, it's something they can't control, and that may embarrass the family or make them a target for other Imperial Nobles. Two, again, if they knew what this was, they may actively encourage it in the hopes of giving the child to the Inquisition. Granted, this means this wealthy family has a mass of political influence as well to even know that 1.) The Force is a thing the Empire would be very interested in and 2.) The Inquisition is a thing.

It honestly depends, but remember that it's only been 20 years since Order 66. Older families (again, those closer to the Core), would definitely remember Jedi and the stories of what they could do (although they may not be 100% sure of everything a Jedi is capable of). The farther you get from the Core, the less likely it is that a person has encountered a Jedi or has a good idea of what a Jedi is. Hell, if you go to some worlds, they may see Force Sensitivity as literal magic or the favor of some god or religion. Most people have no clue what The Force even is, what it can do, and what it means. Realistically, if you were far away from The Core (Mid-Rim and beyond), I'd look more to like the X-Men for inspiration.

No, seriously. Think of how the teens in the X-Men suddenly manifested new powers and strange abilities, their attempts to show (or hide) these to their families and friends, and the responses they got. There is such a wide-array of what could happen that it's hard for me to nail down "This is definitively what would happen."

However, one thing is usually prevalent: The Empire. The Empire enslaves and kills aliens just for not being Human, what do you think they'd do if they found out someone could move things with their mind, or manipulate the thoughts of others? The Empire would either crush this immediately or find a way to use it. There is no in-between there. Look to that, look to the family's feelings on The Empire, what they may stand to gain or lose from the child's newfound power, and go from there would be my recommendation. Encouraging their abilities could lead to favoritism from The Empire (but losing the child to service in The Empire), a bright hope for the Rebellion (at great risk to the family), or sudden and overwhelming opposition from The Empire including seizing the family's assets, seizing the child, and possibly incarceration or even execution.

It is a dangerous time to be Force Sensitive, not just for you but for everyone around you, everyone who knows, everyone who has ever seen it. But, like your character will have to choose between the Light and the Dark, the family would have to make an equally dangerous choice of whether to encourage or smother these abilities, and what they could mean for the family (And indeed, the whole Galaxy).

Queenie

Queen of Everything
That was an AWESOME answer. Thank you! I'm going to use it as a basis for building my character, which I am working on tonight. Apologies on the glacial speed! It'll really help me come up with a great background by answering the theoretical questions you posed ;)

Remove ads