D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Storm King's Thunder: Goldenfields

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OOC:
a female humanoid mannequin.
Thank you for this! Too bad Davaros is a paladin, I would have loved here to have a character that would have tried to barter for the mannequin ;-)

Very seriously, Davaros tells the giant: "I believe you have enough to exchange for a good amount of food. Both the belly your friend and you will be full. Afterwards, I believe you could strike a deal with the town to protect it from outside the walls in exchange for more food. Your bellies will always be full if you do this. Now, if you want to make sure you will have food for a long time, you need to help us protect the town from the bad invaders. Remember, if the bad invaders win, there won't be food for you." Davaros seamlessly dumbed down his discourse for the giant to get his point.

Creamsteak

Explorer
"We gotsta bring food to Guh! Otherwise she be angry! No other pretty ladies but Guh no more. She smash or scare away the rest of them. Gotta get food for Guh. Guh get big, be biggest and best!"

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Davaros answers the Giant. Given his past, and his deep hatred of giants, he he itching to simply finish the brutes off, but honor requires him to continue the parlay: "You are big and we are too small to bring enough food to Guh. Help us get rid of the bad invaders, and you will be able to trade your "junk" for food to fill all your bellies"

Creamsteak

Explorer
The giant agrees to help.

With the help of the idiot giants you manage to scare up the rest of the goblins, bugbears, and ogres and send them back over the walls.

OOC: Everyone can level up to 6.

By the time things are said and done, it's daybreak again. Lob wakes up, quite confused. Grob proudly covets his wagon-load of food from the townsfolk.

Creamsteak

Explorer
When he can find you all, Oren Yogilvy thanks you for protecting him and saving his life. He's worried about the giants, and asks if any of you might check on his sister, Lily, who is working in Waterdeep. She can be found working with a goblin named Skeez at a place called Dorkath's in the waterfront district. He offers to give you a letter of introductions, should you want it.

Zi Lhiang also seeks out the party. She is the more militant adept that was mentioned earlier. "I gave up a life of moderate wealth and circumstance to come here and work the land and protect my people. Thank you for helping to protect us form these monsters and their works. Perhaps I have something to learn from you as well, as you've seemingly turned an enemy into a temporary ally, albeit one of circumstance."

She offers a pendant, an expensive one (750 gp) to the Paladin as a token, "My family is based in Baldur's Gate, but own several businesses in Waterdeep. Give this to Cauldar Marskyl of House Thann in Waterdeep and tell him that I am well, thanks in no small part to your efforts. He will likely have at least a few things you can use around."

OOC: Let me know what other NPCs or lines of questioning you want to entertain.

Euon, who was still shaking after the encounter with the bugbears and then with the giants, blinked at Oren's warm reception. "Your offer of a letter of introduction is gratefully accepted, Master Yogilvy. Thank you. It isn't often someone makes such an offer." Euon started to shake Oren's hand but then retracted his own hand at the last second. It wouldn't do to touch Oren and infect him with greyscale. And, though he knew he was wrong for it, Euon feared the reaction of his newfound colleagues if they discovered his disease. He'd been a pariah for long months, living on the fringe. It felt good, better than good, to be included and part of something bigger than his own cares, and he didn't wish to risk discovery by letting the others see his scaly diseased wrist and forearm.

When Lhiang offered Davaros the pendant, Euon stood to the side and watched the exchange. Lhiang and her obvious arcane skill made Euon nervous, but he was simultaneously drawn to her for the way the abby residents--and now the paladin, too--accepted her. Was magic not feared everywhere in the world the way it was at home? Euon's head began to pound. He did not understand, so he was quiet and watched.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Lily. Lillily. Lilililililily." Bellalalinda puts her mouth around the name repeatedly, as a smily grows on her face. ""We'll see what we can do about that," she says with a cartoonish seriousness. It sounds like she is agreeing to travel to Waterdeep, but it may be that she has new ideas for a name.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
She offers a pendant, an expensive one (750 gp) to the Paladin as a token, "My family is based in Baldur's Gate, but own several businesses in Waterdeep. Give this to Cauldar Marskyl of House Thann in Waterdeep and tell him that I am well, thanks in no small part to your efforts. He will likely have at least a few things you can use around."

Davaros bows respectfully and accepts the pendant. "Thank you for your trust my lady. I pledge to hand it in person to your kin."

OOC: I'm fine with fast forwarding & merging the parties. FYI, Davaros will try to get as much information regarding the identity of the attackers, since they seemed to be well organized

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases