Fifth Age: A Hard(er) Science Fiction conversion for 5e DnD

Capn Charlie

Explorer
I have just uploaded Fifth Age: A Hard(er) Science Fiction conversion for 5e DnD to the downloads area.

It is the dawn of the 24th century, and an interesting point in time for the human race. Fifth Age chronicles the dawn (perhaps more like early mid-morning) of humanity exploring the stars and getting into all manner of trouble, fraught with peril, excitement and drama. The science in this sci-fi is a little on the harder side than some might be used to and the adventure is a little pulpy, a perfect mix for the 5e DnD system.

This release contains:
  • New Races
  • New Classes
  • New and expanded backgrounds (with mechanical relevance!)
  • New Skills
  • New Feats (along with rebalancing)
  • New Weapons
  • New Armor
  • Hi-Tech Gadgets
  • Downtime Shenanigans
  • Investments, Trading and Retirement Rules (Contribute to your retirement fund, or wind up eating catfood!)
  • Spaceship Rules

Note that this is a work in progress, expect ongoing balance tweaks and new content.

You can find the file here in the downloads section. Please use this thread for comments.

Last edited:

Capn Charlie

Explorer
Alright, got back up with some minor revisions, a slightly tweaked character sheet, and what I have so far for the Hazard Handbook.

I have started trying to keep up with a version log, but am not accustomed to this, and undocumented changes will make it in occasionally, I am sure.

Current to-do list for the main document:
A third specialization for the Soldier, Officer and Savage
Expand prototypes section with new gadgets and toys
Finish Hazard Handbook (Primarily biohazards, environmental hazards and situational hazards)
Write sample adventures
Write campaign setting book, expanding on lore and finally take enworlders Beyond the Wormhole

This is Awesome!

This info set is fantastically written! I appreciate the effort put into this data set and I fully intend on using its contents to run a futuristic tabletop campaign. Please, update away! I can use all the ideas I can get. Do you happen to have a spreadsheet put together for character building as well?

Thanks for you hard work...

I will definitely be following your progress!

David

rabies66

Explorer
Thanks!

Thank you so much for this conversion! I'm running a 5E campaign that evolves into a sci-fi setting, and these rules were exactly what I needed to make it happen. I appreciate the time and effort it must have taken to put it all together. I was doubly impressed to see that the copy I downloaded last summer in preparation has been updated, and lot more information has been added. Just really great work!

Thanks again!

ToddBS

Explorer
Such a great conversion

Once you feel good about the final product, you really need to Kickstart this into a print book.

Capn Charlie

Explorer
Thanks, i appreciate the compliment! Thanks biggest challenge would be finding proper art for the final project, but that's the point of a Kickstarter though, I suppose.

As an aside, I really need to find a way to get the download comments to link to the other thread, it got messed up during the rollback a few months ago.

Sent from my MT2L03 using EN World mobile app

seroth77

Villager
GREAT WORK!

I loved what you accomplished here. I wanted to move it from word doc to D&D paged PDF. I started working on something today to pay homage to this great work. You can find what I've done so far http://www.penfoldsjournal.com/Fifth Age.pdf Let me know what you think. I did want to ask a few questions about some oddities I saw during my process.

Capn Charlie

Explorer
I loved what you accomplished here. I wanted to move it from word doc to D&D paged PDF. I started working on something today to pay homage to this great work. You can find what I've done so far http://www.penfoldsjournal.com/Fifth Age.pdf Let me know what you think. I did want to ask a few questions about some oddities I saw during my process.
What you have done so far looks really great! I am happy to discuss anything you need to know about the project.

I am in the middle of a version update to 0.7 that will include a major reformat to get it closer to looking like a manual, as well as the constant fixes and spurts of new content.

Coming in the new version are clarified rules for a lot of things, cleaner formatting, a host of minor balance changes and tweaks (thanks playtesters!) And new specializations for the civilian class: the survivor and the team player.

If you want to hold out a little for that document to release it might make things a lot easier for you in the long run.

Sent from my MT2L03 using EN World mobile app

Logan Holloway

First Post
Hello

I am about to start playing this some of my friends and i was wondering if i cold take a look at a completed character sheet or an example as i am having trouble filling it in. Thank you in advance.-Logan

Remove ads