D&D 5E 5E A Bard's Tale [Recruiting]

MY HOMEBREW ITEM'S DESCRIPTIONS/STATS
Seal-Stone Pistol: Looks like a Flintlock Pistol, but instead of bullets they use rechargeable Seal-Stones of various colors signifying different damage types. Deals 1d8 damage, with a range of 20-120 feet, and costing a bonus action to reload after SIX fired shots.

What proficiency does this pistol use (hand-crossbow?), and can we get a supply of Seal-Stones?

Trogdor1992

First Post
It comes standard with a force damage seal stone of 60 shots, and you can purchase additional seal stones.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Here is the description given:

Seal-Stone Pistol: Looks like a Flintlock Pistol, but instead of bullets they use rechargeable Seal-Stones of various colors signifying different damage types. Deals 1d8 damage, with a range of 20-120 feet, and costing a bonus action to reload after SIX fired shots.

I'm picturing a Seal-Stone as having 6 charges. After you use those, you need to change to another stone (using a bonus action). The spent stone can be recharged by some means as yet unspecified. You can also change stones before using all six charges, if you want to change the damage type.

Are these pistols new to us? Or are our characters familiar with their use, the colors of the various Seal-Stones, and the method(s) required for recharging them?

Also, do they use the hand-crossbow proficiency, or their own, separate proficiency?

Trogdor1992

First Post
These are commonplace in the area you're from, though not necessarily everywhere. They are all Seal weapons, and your group is proficient in their use.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

tglassy

Adventurer
So, I have an interesting idea...but I'd want to keep some of it secret, so I'm going to PM you, Trogdor, and see what you think.

Trogdor1992

First Post
So, I have an interesting idea...but I'd want to keep some of it secret, so I'm going to PM you, Trogdor, and see what you think.
Let me know when you've sent the message. My app is weird about the messages so sometimes they don't work for me and I never get the notification for them.

Remove ads