Apparently none of y'all watched Twin Peaks

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Didn't play Zeitgeist, barely watched any of Twin Peaks...but loved the theme song.

[video=youtube;i7d0Lm_31BE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7d0Lm_31BE&sns=em[/video]

Elfshire

First Post
I would've been about 4-5 years old when that aired. Sorry if that makes you feel old.

Now that I'm looking at it, is Harkover Lee's human form modeled after Ray Wise?

No, Lee is Ricardo Montalban. :)

It's more that the Bleak Gate - full of eerie, spooky things - has some similar traits to the Black Lodge in Twin Peaks. The lodge has better interior decorators, but both leave traces of burnt engine oil smell. I also have a character named Dale who very much likes coffee and cherry pie, a curse that conjures a white-eyed doppelganger, a vision of a red curtain hovering in the air lit by a spotlight to represent the veil between worlds, plus more.

And I was 9 when Twin Peaks came out. I probably shouldn't have been watching it at that age.

SanjMerchant

Explorer
No, Lee is Ricardo Montalban. :)

Now I can only ever hear Harkover saying "I grow fatigued."

... a vision of a red curtain hovering in the air lit by a spotlight to represent the veil between worlds. ...

I did catch that one, but only because I've seen it referenced and parodied in so many other places. :p

Of course, my question is this: is Srasama's size category an intentional Attack of the 50 Foot Woman reference?

kcannell

Explorer
So I DEFINITELY caught the red curtain vision reference in adventure 2, and I knew exactly what you were doing there. I loved TP, and thought it was awesome!

SanjMerchant

Explorer
I'm not sure whether to start a new thread or just use this one, but my jaw bearly dropped when I saw an unrelated photo and I realized exactly where you got at least the footprint of the layout for Torfield Palace.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases