Greyhawk: The Golden Era CY 963: EPIC CAMPAIGN - Campaign Logs + RESTORED CAMPAIGN THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aust Thale

Adventurer
Dengar....

Dengar: "You are jealous. I sing just fine. In fact, were it not for the my considerable duties in service to MY Lady of Luck, I'd contemplate trying my hand as a wandering bard! Indeed, how capital! I would regale all with my tales and stories! Never stop believing that you can do something great! Don't stop believing! "

Dengar takes a moment to chuckle a little and then focuses back on the task at hand. "Pondren, what are your thoughts?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Pondren says, "Let me have a few hours to pour over this book, and I'll tell you what my thoughts are." Pondren reaches toward his belt pouch, and whispers "Speed read." A small, stoppered vial, about the size of a bloated shot glass, floats to the top of the pouch; Pondren unstoppers it, and drinks it down.

"Normally, a large tome of two thousand odd pages like this one would take me a week to read. But I have a friend in Sigil who has solved that problem." Pondren says not another word, as he is suddenly engrossed in the book. His eyes glow with a strange, pale-blue light, as he begins to flip pages, at a rate of about 1 page every 10 seconds. Some quick mental math by everyone who bothers to calculate it, tells the lot of you that he is reading 6 pages per minute, or 360 pages per hour; at that rate, Pondren can read 2,160 pages in about 6 hours. Depending on how many pages actually are in the tome (they aren't numbered) a full day's respite should prove more than adequate. Six hours of reading, followed by 8 hours of sleep, and perhaps 4-6 hours of prayer (or spellbook study, depending upon one's profession) is still 4 hours less than a full day.

Pondren sits at the mouth of one of the tents which is farthest away from the sights and smells of the Human carnage. With Pondren so intent upon his task, it falls to the rest of you to decide what tasks you will each spend your individual attentions on; one thought that occurs to both Sphynx and Delbin is that the robes still need to be identified. No one is injured, so healing is a moot point. There is enough meat left on the spit to satisfy anyone's hunger; the meal was to feed 7 tribesmen, and there are only 6 of you.

[Everyone: What do you do?]

GM: Delbin, why don't you go ahead and make a spell list, and email it to me? FB Message me with any questions.

Nezkrul

First Post
Testing the limits of his meditation, Jynx gingerly places a couple coins in a pyramid shape on top of Luis' head. Then promptly starts eating Luis' share of the food. Glancing at Pondren reading a book so fast it makes Jynx's head spin, Jynx decides to let the man work in peace.
OOC: Sleight of Hand - 30, Move Silently - 47

"I'll just be over here, looking out, and stuff. Yah."

GM:
Luis' spot check =24, fail. (He didn't see you place the coins, although once placed, he can feel them.)
Luis' listen check = 54, success. (Luis hears you moving near him, and can sense that you're "messing with him.")

OOC: Forgot to roll spot and listen for keeping watch. Jynx takes 10 (skill mastery)
Listen: 73
Spot: 76

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Jynx, you remain vigilant as the others attend to various tasks, but with the Orc gone, this place is peaceful and pleasant.

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Identifying the Robes

Sphynx states, "I can, likely, identify the robes."

He takes the robes and walks away from the group a bit. He appears to be talking to himself and walking a pattern like practicing some dance he wants to remember. He fold the robes several different ways as he walks, finally laying them on the ground. He also takes some things from hidden compartments in his clothing and passes them in intricate patterns about the robes and his person. When he has finished moving, he sits in a lotus position very similar to Luis's composure. Additionally of an odd note an invisible barrier seems to have surrounded him as he sits, for a simple butterfly can be seen bumping something it can neither see nor pass.

OOC: Sphynx casts Analyze Dweomer and Wall of Force.

During the course of his actions, Sphynx produces ink, parchment, and quill and begins to write. When he has completed his survey of the robes, he turns them inside out and appears to mouth a particular word, not that it could be heard outside the wall of force. To any watching, things begin to pour out of the robes onto the ground. Sphynx laughs, inaudibly. He then stands, walks over to Dengar, the wall of force now gone, and hands him the parchment and the robes, before returning to look through the debris that poured onto the ground.

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Sphynx, it takes you a little less than a minute to examine the robes completely, with the aid of the Analyze Dweomer spell. The robes' powers and effects are now completely known to you.

GM: Stats have been sent to you via PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases