Pathfinder 1E Building a Gestalt Warlord//Skald (Input would be nice)

Sage20500

First Post
So I'm currently trying out pathfinder for the first time in a pbp board and the gamemaster is doing a gestalt game. I've had plenty of expierence with 3.5 in general enough to know how to make a gestalt character (I personally find gestalt games to just be a lot more fun in general) but with this particular game aside from Dreamscarred Press's Path of War modules, the only allowed material is stuff from Paizo only. So no other 3rd party material and no material from 3.5 D&D. Which is where I need some help with ideas for what I should be selecting.

So stats that I rolled were 14 Str, 11 Dex, 14 Con, 12 Int, 11 Wis, 17 Cha. I'm playing a versatile human so the 2 +2s are going into Str and Cha for 16 Str and 19 Cha, and starting level is 8 so I'll be increasing Cha up to 21 for a final stat spread of 16 Str, 11 Dex, 14 Con, 12 Int, 11 Wis, 21 Cha.

For the character themselves I was wanting to try and play the archetype of the Nordic/Viking raid leader, wielding a great axe while leading the charge and buffing those that follow while doing so.

So far I'm currently looking at Warlord 8 taking the Bannerman archetype as well as dropping Solar Wind in favor of joining the Loyal Order of the Branded Wayloch in order to gain access to Eternal Guardian, and then Maneuver Wise i'm going to be sticking to Eternal Guardian, Golden Lion, and then a mix of Scarlet Throne and Primal Fury. On the Skald side I'm looking at Skald 8 with the Dragon Skald Archetype.

Feat Wise, GM is giving power attack away for free for any player that qualifies, so far the only feats I've seen that I probably should take right now are Skalds Vigor, Greater Skalds Vigor, and Battle Cry, aside from those, does anyone have any recommendations for feats? I get 4 bonus Combat or Teamwork feats for making Human Warlord my favored class bonus and taking that 6 times, so what are some good options for trying to inspire the group and make them more effective?

Also any recommendations for rage powers that I get from the skald side of things?

Remove ads