Cloud Giant's Bargain Question

Steve_MND

First Post
(This is the AL-legal tie-in with Acquisitions Incorporated, that was given out at select theaters last month, for those who are unfamiliar with it).

So, my question is: what levels of play is it to be Adventurer's League legal?

On page 2, under "The D&D Adventurers League" section, it says "For valid play, a player must have a character who has advanced to 5th-7th level through previous Adventurers League play."

Yet on page 24, in the Adventurers League appendix, it instead says "For valid play, a player must have a character who has advanced to 7th-9th level through previous Adventurers League play."

I'm assuming this is -- tragically -- yet another incidence of the poor editing that has plagued so many Level stat blocks in AL. So which is it actually supposed to be? I would guess the lower of the two, since it fits better with the presumed intended level of the adventure, but I don't take anything involving the AL for granted anymore.

I now am worried that our table (and potentially many others out there) may have run it at the wrong level. And if so, what is the response to such an occurrence? Invalidate the table, and let them play it again with characters of the correct level (including possibly those same ones if it turns out to be the higher or the two that was intended)? Invalidate it and those characters can't play it ever again? Just say "oh well, accidents will happen," make a note of it for future runnings, and let it stand?

Also, That One Very Interesting Item (You Know Which One) at the end -- is that tradable under the new 'don't need a cert' rules, or is that one of the 'specifically exempt' items? The module doesn't seem to mention anything about it not being tradable, but it certainly feels to me like it should be one of the exempt ones.

Thanks in advance.

kalani

First Post
The admins have said that both level ranges are legal. IOWs, as long as your character is between 5th and 9th level, they can play the game (10th level characters need not apply lol).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases