Optimal character builds for a story

Not sure where to put this. But I'm an online author: https://www.fictionpress.com/u/214890/Miles-Montgomery

Anyways, I had an idea for a story and I needed some help. It's about a group who sits down to play D&D 5th Edition . Now we all have that one friend or player who likes to use props. This guy, who is playing a female sorcerer, buys a book and brings it with him. When he gets to cast a spell in combat, he reads from the book, sucking them inside the campaign's world as their characters. They have to find their DM, who is a book, who will tell them what to do as they have to finish the campaign to be released. And they have to follow the rules of D&D. They won't go, "Oh, look, I leveled," but more like "I just had an idea", or "Let me try something new". But technically they do level.

So what I need help with, is an optimized build for each class, as they're competent gamers, that entails what they get at each level, what race they pick, background, etc. I can take care of the stats and numbers.

The classes are:
Fighter (great weapon)
Sorcerer
Rogue
Ranger (archer)
Cleric (healer)
Paladin (sword and board, tank, can heal if necessary)

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

mellored

Legend
Half - orc battlemaster, 20 str, polearm master, great weapon master, precision strike, the rest into Con.
Mountain Dwarf dragon sorcerer. Mostly buffs with twin - haste/greater invisibility on the fighter and ranger, split blasting with the cleric Inspiring Leader, Warcaster. Stays in the back.
High elf Arcane trickster with booming blade healer feat and 20 dex Hit and run. Compliments the sorcerer with some utility spells. Healer feat. Also have a longbow on hand.
Variant human hunter staring crossbow expertise, horde slayer, and sharpshooter, 20 dex.
Light Cleric, Warcaster and 20 wis, star with blesses fighter, ranger, and rogue, and does some blasting. Warcaster and resilient Con.
Human oath of the ancient. 20 cha, resilient con, and a whip. You'll need reach while trying to to stand between everyone. Suppliments the clerics bless and crusaders mantle. If you allow multi-classing, 2 levels of warlock after level 7 to get agonizing blast.

Last edited:

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
Are you going to keep the "long rest regains all hit points" rule? I bet each character has a bedroll permanently attached to his hip after realizing that one.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases