D&D 5E A New Frontier REDUX [Closed]

Thateous

Explorer
IC post is imminent. Prepare your character sheets for first posts so we can jump right into the action. Will tag everyone in the first post.

Thateous

Explorer
It was my fault Azure, I forgot the second R in your name when attempting to tag you.

5 of 6 on character sheets.
Small details might change in the backstory because of the wipe and my memory. Other small details that are a part of the rules/gameplay. I'm doing a variant of the rest rules. While exploring overnight rest is a short rest and a week is a long rest. While in a dungeon it will switch to normal rest rules. You can rest in the forest but it will require a survival check with a terrain dependent DC to find an appropriate location for an extended campsite. I will take the average movement speed to the nearest 10 to determine overland travel speeds and times through the hexes. Time and dates are a factor in this game, so things like weather and climate will come into play. I will edit the first post of the IC thread to include all this so it can be located quickly for future reference.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=6814006]Thateous[/MENTION], part of my story is visiting the unknown land. I left language slot open for you to fill (obviously, if you decide that I was at that exact continent we'll have some advantage in communication, but any language suitable for your world is fine)

Azurewraith

Explorer
It was my fault Azure, I forgot the second R in your name when attempting to tag you.

5 of 6 on character sheets.
Small details might change in the backstory because of the wipe and my memory. Other small details that are a part of the rules/gameplay. I'm doing a variant of the rest rules. While exploring overnight rest is a short rest and a week is a long rest. While in a dungeon it will switch to normal rest rules. You can rest in the forest but it will require a survival check with a terrain dependent DC to find an appropriate location for an extended campsite. I will take the average movement speed to the nearest 10 to determine overland travel speeds and times through the hexes. Time and dates are a factor in this game, so things like weather and climate will come into play. I will edit the first post of the IC thread to include all this so it can be located quickly for future reference.
No worries. I'm still not getting push notifications for what ever reason kind of annoying

Thateous

Explorer
@Thateous, part of my story is visiting the unknown land. I left language slot open for you to fill (obviously, if you decide that I was at that exact continent we'll have some advantage in communication, but any language suitable for your world is fine)

So you speak Primordial, Aquan, and common right now?

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Aquan IS primordial. Auran, Terran, Ignan and Aquan are just dialects.

I have Common and 1 bonus as human (I took primordial) and my city watch grants me two others ((sea) elven as part of my guard duty ) - one empty slot for the language of wherever you decide I was thrown from the coast. You could make it dialect of Orcish, Giant or more exotic - for example, on the Island of Dread there are demon worshipping natives.

Alternatively, we say I learned Aquan there and pick elven and one other from city watch duty. That other one would then be language of the greatest minority in the city we're starting from (gnome, dwarf or some other)

Thateous

Explorer
Dwarven it is then. You picked up Aquan from your time in the village.
Let's see...
Trogdors metal man has a tie in to the world.
Jago has an in for his tiefling bladesinger.
and you for your storm born.

Should be an interesting game. Props to Kahless for making a character with cartography skills.

Remove ads