D&D 5E A New Frontier [IC]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Luthor looks at the monstrous beast and shrugs. The seas were full of strange creatures and a shark imbued with power of Umberlee is one the less scary ones. Dangerous, awe inspiring, sure, but strange...not so much.

"People, calm down, bind your selves to immovable objects so you don't wash out into the sea. And watch out so you don't hurt yourselves, sharks are drawn to blood."

Looking at Ramas, he nods.
"Good to see you above. Your pacifism does not extend to monstrous animals, right?"
Then, encompassing the warriors gathering around "I would try and strike it as it approaches with High Captains blessing so that first one that shoots after me will have easier time hitting it. It would be excellent if that hit would come from a ballista or something else that hits very hard."

He proceeds to bind himself for the ship structure under the stairs limiting his movement to about 20 feet around them, but not risking falling out in the initial collision.

OOC: I would hit it with Guiding bolt which will grant advantage to first attack that goes after Luthor. I'd suggest using damaging spell or ballista if we have one.
Init: 1D20+2 = [15]+2 = 17

Azurewraith

Explorer
"I am no pacifist i assure you i understand violence has a place in this world just as everything else does. What i am against is the pointless and senseless wasting of life for no reason"

Jago

Explorer
~ Tarukka's hooves clopped on the wooden deck as the ship pitched, already near to Luthor and Ramas with blade and shield in hand.

" First pirates, and now the creatures of the deep. I feel we have angered some sea god that is unknown to my people," he noted aloud, his tongue rolling with the Elvish accent even as the shark came closer and closer.

" That first hit is going to rock us," the Tiefling advised, already dropping to one knee and wrapping his arm around the gunwale to brace.

" Prepare for impact!"

OOC: Initiative: [roll0]

[sblock=Tarukka's Stats]Character Sheet
Paladin, Level 2

HP: 18/18
Condition: Normal
Initiative: +1
Perception: +1
Darkvision: 60 feet
In Hand: Axe and Shield

[sblock=Defenses]AC: 19
Str:+1
Dex:+1
Con:+1
Int:+3
Wis:+3
Cha:+4[/sblock]
[sblock=Offenses]Battle Axe: 1d20+3, 1d8 (1d10) + 1 S
Javelin: 1d20+3, 1d6+1 P
Divine Smite: 2d8 Radiant[/sblock]
[sblock=Proficient Skills]Arcana: +5
Athletics: +3
Medicine: +3
Survival: +3[/sblock]
[sblock=Spells]Level 1: 2/Long Rest
Bless
Divine Favor
Shield of Faith[/sblock]

[sblock=Adventure Notes]Transactions:
Total Accumulated Coin: 15 GP
Current Coin: 15 GP

Game Info:[/sblock][/sblock]

River Song

Explorer
Thren stared at the huge fish in open-mouthed disbelief, of course he had read about such creatures but to see one cutting through the ocean towards you was another thing entirely.

"It will miss us....right? " he asks. Surely this creature was not intelligent enough to hunt ships for prey, but as it loomed closer it became apparent that it really was. He palmed two darts, the small weapons seemed rather useless at this stage.

[roll0]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
At sea
21 Kythorn/Mid-day
Round 0

Hearing the commotion up on deck, Arjhan rolled out of his bunk from his mid-day siesta. He quickly put on his armor and grabbed his weapons. Up on the deck he eyed the approaching giant shark as it charged at the ship. He sent up a prayer to Sylvanus and Umberlee and braced himself.

Initiative: 1D20+1 = [12]+1 = 13

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Concentration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 19/19
AC: 16
Breath weapon (1/R)
Cantrips: Guidance, Light, Sacred Flame, Thorn Whip
L1 (3/3): Animal Friendship (Domain), Speak with Animals (Domain), Bless, Command, Cure Wounds, Healing Word, Shield of Faith
Channel Divinity (1/R)
Turn Undead
Charm Animals and Plants
[/sblock]

Thateous

Explorer
OOC: Shark gets a nat 1 on init you guys are first. Use half of move speed to brace for impact before attacks or make an acrobatics check to maintain balance. those with 'sea legs' make acrobatics check with adv.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Ramas will searches the deck for a nearby object and finds a scrubbing brush near by he sighs heavily then utters familiar words as he motions at the brush and then the shark, then grabs back on to the rail bracing him self.

OOC: casts catapult on the shark Dex save dc 14 or 3d8 annnd I remembered my surge 1-10 was a surge I think we agreed on [roll0] and effect(if applicable) = [roll1
So I forgot to roll dmg and rolled a d2p instead of a d100 for surge its been a long day see ooc
]

Last edited:

River Song

Explorer
Thren watches the shark close, trusting his training he waits for it to get closer before he throws his dart.

[sblock=action]

Read Action to throw dart.

[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]

[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
At sea
21 Kythorn/Mid-day
Round 1

“Wait!” Arjhan called to the others. “Let me try and charm it,” the dragonborn said. He moved to the railing and braced himself. Holding aloft his holy symbol, he cast a spell, speaking the words of power. “We are not your enemies,” he told the shark. “There is no food for you here.”

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Brace
Action: Cast Animal Friendship. Shark needs a DC 13 Wis save or be charmed for 24 hours.
Concentration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 19/19
AC: 16
Breath weapon (1/R)
Cantrips: Guidance, Light, Sacred Flame, Thorn Whip
L1 (2/3): (Animal Friendship, Speak with Animals), Bless, Command, Cure Wounds, Healing Word, Shield of Faith
Channel Divinity (1/R)
Turn Undead
Charm Animals and Plants
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Leaning over the rail, Luthor prepares to blast the beast just before it rams the ship (assuming that is what it is doing).
"Push from thunderwave should slow it down or even push it under the ship. I hope it will give us some extra time. Lets hope dragonborn can stop it."

OOC: italics are thoughts, not said aloud.
Ready action to cast thunderwave at the moment the shark enters the range. The idea is that push 10' probably wouldn't stop the animal going forward, but may slow it down enough not to capsize the ship (or miss it completely if it goes down enough - sharks aren't very maneuverable swimmers)

Remove ads