What is the most damage you have ever seen a character take in one round

Berk

First Post
This thread inspired by the "What is the most damage you have ever seen dealt out in one round" thread.

My personal best was when my 19th level cleric was fighting a 20th level wizard lich. The cleric had a ring of nine lives and had contingency cast on him setup with a heal to go off when he reached -9hp.

First round - I win initiative, cast implosion on the lich, lich saves luckily. My DC's are beyond insane with my cleric. Lich then casts time stop. He got a 4 on the d4 so he got 5 rounds. Lich then proceeds to cast 7 delayed blast fireballs, a hold monster, and 2 meteor swarms. Time stop ends and since I failed the save on the hold he got 2 more meteor swarms in.

Second round (the damage round) - Don't remember what the total damage was but the ring went poof and so did my contingency. I did live though and ended up killing the lich. Man I made him pay.

Last edited:

CombatWombat51

First Post
I'm sure other people will blow me out of the water, but this is what I've got... first, when 3e just came out, we were in some Ravenloft adventure. There were these undead hunter-killer guys that used scythes... anyhow, two critted me in one round, and did something in the neighborhood of 120 damage.

Though the time I took the most is when that same character got hit by a harm spell... sigh, 182 hit points down the drain just like that.

ArielManx

First Post
In a one-shot epic-level game with a bunch of my husband's friends, the party was teleported by a good elven lich (the name for that escapes me at the moment) to a massive cavern just plumb full of demons, devils, and an avatar of Lloth. Thanks, Mr. Lich.

My 25th level Cleric/Fighter/Doomguide of Kelemvor (for those familiar with the prestige class, I assure you she had a difficult time not attacking the lich!) had 220 HP. By the end of the round she was down to 14. Ouch...

Ariel

Remove ads