D&D 5E Average Damage by Level

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
The spreadsheet makes a lot of unwarranted assumptions and/or is poorly organized.

Just looking at Fighter:

• The spreadsheet says a level 3 Fighter get 12 Superiority Dice in a day, yet only Battlemasters get those. That's a massive error right there.
  • You seemed to assume the Fighter uses Trip 44% of the time, Riposte 36%, Riposte S&B 60%, and Precise Shot 80%. Precise Shot is not a 5e ability as far as I can tell, and these numbers are not at all justified.
  • You sometimes have "enemy is prone" over 100% (like 114%). Clearly, monsters cannot be prone more than 100% of the time.
  • Overall Crit Chance is often set at 0% for level 1-3, yet there is a 5% chance to crit per attack.

It also don't factor various AC's factored in and that changes a lot.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Is anyone aware of any resources that show average damage output for a character by level?

Ideally, typical primary weapon/attack/spells (no magic items) damage by class and level?

This isn't really possible, because it changes depending on how many combat rounds are faced per day. If you only have a few combats per day, the casters' damage will be much higher. More combat rounds, and they run out of spells and the damage drops significantly. As I mentioned in the other thread, it seems a factor that most people ignore when doing white room analysis, which is a critical error IMO. Most of those white room analysis is based on a single arena style combat encounter, and of course the game is not played with only one encounter per day.

Remove ads