Pathfinder 1E Adventurer's Guide question

Ezequielramone

Explorer
Hi all!
I'm a pathfinder's fan and try to be always updated with the rulebook (not AP, setting etc).
It seems that Adventurer's Guide will have Golarion specific organisations. So far all the material in the rulebooks is setting-less. Is there any info if this book is going to break that rule? I'm mean maybe they only export the factions but I wonder if the book is going to be tied to Golarion. Do we have any info about this?

Starfox

Adventurer
Pathfinder material generally fall into 2 categories; general, and Golarion-specific.

Paizo has a Pathfinder license that allows you to reference the general material, as per a list they maintain [paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/compatibility]. Any book not listed there is Golarion-specific. The setting specific books still contain lots of material that is of general utility, and much can be easily ported to other settings. But Paizo doesn't give any support if you do this, and you cannot include references to those works.

Adventurer's Guide seems like it would be in the setting-specific category. The organizations listed are from Golarion.

Ezequielramone

Explorer
Thanks for your answer. I'm more or less familiar with that. Except that I didn't know there existence of that list.
Since, as I suspected before going to that link, the list include all of the books in the "pathfinder role-playing game" line, the same as the new book. It will be weird for me that the book fall in this product line instead of the "campaign setting line"

Starfox

Adventurer
That is indeed a bit weird. I hadn't thought about that angle. The quoted organizations will perhaps be released to the general Pathfinder publishers to use. Just a guess.

Ezequielramone

Explorer
I hope they make the factions generic. I'd love to see hellknights in my setting or red mantis assassins, but it is a turn down if the flavor is tied to Golarion.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases