To be fair it was huntsman spider

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
after seeing last months video of the huntsman carrying a mouse, I can sympathies with his reaction
[video=youtube;ZrrtFBf7pmI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrrtFBf7pmI[/video]

Ryujin

Legend
It was, after all, in Australia where an "Aracnophobia" sequel could be filmed on a daily basis. Seriously; spider rain?!

Dioltach

Legend
My sister lives in Australia, and a few weeks ago sent me a photo of a huntsman spider that had decided the bathroom door was a nice place to hang out.

I was visiting her a few years ago, and one of my nephews wanted to show me something that was stored in the garage. He comes out after a few minutes complaining about a redback. Another time we went for a walk, and when we got back we found some kind of spider on someone's shoe whose bites apparently causes gangrene. She also has regular stories about the various types of snakes up on their farm.

The scariest thing I saw when I was out there, though, was a plant: the gympie stinger.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
That doesn't surprise me, actually. Our biology teacher brought in a feeder mouse for the school's constrictor, and it took a good 40 minutes for the snake to catch and eat it. The mouse fought for its life, and despite losing, delivered enough wounds that the snake died a couple days later.

Remove ads