• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 5E Beastmaster Ranger Update?

Werebat

Explorer
I remember reading somewhere that there was supposed to be some sort of errata or update to the 5E beastmaster ranger coming out in October. Did this actually happen? Where can it be found? I have a player who is really interested to know.

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
I wrote up some actual play reports for this class in case you want to know what you're in for.

Nobody in my campaign has created another one since I killed the last one with a mimic and a lightning trap.

CapnZapp

Legend
I don't remember the specifics, except that one big concern was the cherrypicking potential (multiclassing the best first levels).

Meanwhile, the overall soundness seemed pretty alright (at least as far as I can remember).

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Great on paper, even more great in play. I've been running one as a companion NPC, and one of my buddies has one in a game he runs, and is playing on in another. Universally good experiences, no noticeable balance issues, even the one guy who MC'd Ranger with his SHadow Monk felt like he gave up as much as he got doing so. It's a strong option, but no stronger than MC rogue would have been.

Remove ads