Free Giving Free Copies of your DMG's Product?

Gnarl45

First Post
Hi guys,

Can I give away free copies of a DM's Guild product to reviewers? The terms and conditions seems to say I can't but I would appreciate it if someone could confirm this.

I was also thinking about giving a few copies of a product to people that like my Facebook page. If I do this before the title is available on the DM's Guild, I wouldn't be violating the terms and conditions. Is this correct?

Thanks!

Gnarl

You can give away free reviewer copies via the account tools page. All you need is there email. What is a violation is if you do something like a Kickstarter and then put it on the DMsG and use the free copies to give to all you supporters.

Don't know about the second question. Surprisingly, I've found them to respond to emails pretty quickly. Maybe not thoroughly, but adequately.

Has that been confirmed, Lord Entrails?
I don't have a link to it, but I remember someone posting a link to a tweet or posting copy of an email response that they got stating that using the complimentary copies to bypass the sales through DMsG was a violation of at least the intent. Patreon was a bit different, but again is depended upon how it was stated and intended.

I'll see if I can find it and post back here if I do.

Remove ads