Gods and Monsters: Legends Reborn main campaign thread

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Thaklor does one last check to make sure that he looks the part of a respectable cleric as he begins to approach the outlying settlements. He wouldn't want to embarrass the temple of Kossuth by appearing disheveled and dirty. He even finds a secluded area where he can don his clean set of vestments. Before continuing on. In the meantime he pays little attention to the approaching caravan, though he does keep his senses on alert as while uncommon banditry can pop up even so close to a city, assuming the thieves were so bold.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using EN World mobile app

akahdrin

First Post
I will continue into the pyramid despite the warning. "Redemption. Let us hope that this is the case." I close my eyes briefly and whisper a few words (casting detect undead and maintaining a gaze into the pyramid for 3 seconds to gather information).

Napalm42

First Post
Janus' arm pauses in its rise, a final pang of mercy echoing in his breast. With a single, fluid motion borne of years of practice he shifts his stance, bringing the sword level just above the hag's shoulders. Releasing the coiled tension in his frame, striking right for her neck. His headman's chop takes her head spiraling of of the hag's shoulders, forearms following as Janus' honed blade cuts through meat and bone with the ease of meticulously sharpened metal. Ichor sprays across the walls behind her, splattering as the mangled corpse drops heavily to the floor.

Recovering from the swing, Janus immediately pulls his arms in, coming back into a protective stance. He surveys the zombies, waiting to see if any of them show signs of reacting to the death of their apparent master.

Nezkrul

First Post
Merlin- The mental assault by the evil entity is easily defended against. In your mind you form layer upon layer of chants, magical words, and teachings of Bahamaut. The mental shielding works, and you manage to completely ignore the effects of the maddening babble. You identify a voice amongst the whispers. A voice that raises the hair on your neck even higher. A voice you haven't heard since before you were adrift in the Astral. Just thinking about it brings the threat of the pain fresh into the front of your mind and you quickly relinquish those thoughts and memories. You know the voice, and it is enough to unsettle you and leave you with much to be desired. It's words echo in your mind- "Trapped. Imprisoned. HUNGRY!" The presence leaps into the air directly at you, and slams into your stomach with an unseen fist. You recognize the damage as from an incorporeal being disrupting your physical form, but it seems to have grabbed onto you!
GM: You take 13 points of incorporeal touch damage and are grappled by an invisible force. Roll for initiative.

Loki- Garith looks unhappy at first, as if he has displeased you with his hospitality and conversation, and stands when you do to leave. "I apologize, Milord, for any slights I may have given you this day. We...I shall do as you wish, and I will look after Jesseira." Garith bows as you leave. "You are most generous, and are always welcome here." You notice Garith wait until you are nearly down the hill before he picks up the coins you left for him, looks around a little bit of confusion on his face but it soon passes, and he heads into his home.
GM: You can feel the connection to your Divine Power starting to get stronger, but it feels like something is still missing. Like reality, itself, wants you to conform to a purpose that defines you, but hasn't been yet achieved.

Red Knight- You heave the rock and it hits the unobservant ogre right in the noggin. A cartoonish red lump forms as the now pissed off ogre gets up off the ground, grabs his great club and starts looking around for who threw the rock. His eyes first fall upon a nearby ogre who happens to be holding a sling and seems to be twirling it about. The ogre you hit lets out a roar and charges the other ogre, leaping and smashing his club into the upper back of the sling-ogre. Behind you in the poplars you hear a very feminine snicker, "Nice one, red!" The ogre you hit and the sling-ogre get into a brawl, as the the sling ogre wrenches the club away from the other and they start pummeling and wrestling on the ground. Two other nearby ogres get up and come over to watch the fight. The small group of ogres is about 40 feet from you, there are still 3 other ogres trying to rest on their make-shift bed rolls near the fire. You hear Aurelia whisper loudly, "Want me to shoot one or watch what happens for a bit?"

Kossuth- As you travel down the road toward the city, the guard patrol reaches you before the caravan does. The sergeant, looking you up and down, addresses you, "Hail, traveler. We are the Neverwinter guard, and I am Sergeant Worthy. I recognize your dress as that of a priest, but I do not recognize the holy symbol you display. There are many temples within the city, as well as inns that would be well accommodating for one such as yourself. If you intend to enter the city this night, there is a nightly entrance fee for travelers of one gold coin or other currency equaling its value. Farewell." The guard continue their patrol from horseback. You can recall that this city has a bit of fame, from your teachings, something about how the inside of the city is always spring time in temperature and weather.

Sheela- The pixie that darts up to you is wearing very finely crafted mithral chainshirt for a being of its size and carries a small morning star on his hip, and a well made little backpack that hangs between his wings. "Hello, miss druid. And welcome to the Court of Spring Joy. I am known as Odie, and I will be your appointed aide while you are here. Our leader is known as Ashara, (he gestures toward the cloaked Nymph), and she keeps close counsel with Earthroot. (he gestures towards the gargantuan Treant that at first simply looked like a big willow tree but now you can recognize it clearly). We are a Seelie court, and hope you bring news to us of the world beyond our forest. The birds and the waters also tell us of your arrival and of your deeds since. We have judged you to be good of heart and respect your powers." Odie bows, then rises on a flutter of wing beats, "If you have any questions, please don't be afraid to ask, I only advise you to be polite." There is a Satyr nearby with a panpipes, sitting on a rock. He raises his pipes and begins to play a very sweet melody, soothing to the ears. As he does so, the plants grow up out of the ground to form a table and chairs for the small and medium sized humanoids to sit at. You also notice that he keeps eyeing you with a longing look. Then, in unison, the gathered fey creatures speak, "We welcome you, mistress of the forest. Please dine with us and share your knowledge." Other fey bring out wooden platters filled with berries, nuts, and fruits, as well as some wild vegetables, of the forest, and place them on the table within arms reach of all seated.

Zoser- Your divination does not reveal the presence of any undead within your sight range. You push upon the old stone door and it slowly glides open with a rocky gritty grinding sound. While you look down the tunnel before you, you still do not detect the presence of any undead. The tunnel is approximately longer than 60 feet and seems to have a slight downgrade to it. There are two archways about 30 feet into the tunnel. The main tunnel is a total of 90 feet long, and at the end of it is a spiral staircase comprised of stone slabs jutting out of the wall of a cylindrical hollow tower going down. The archways open into small side tunnels each about 20 feet long leading to chambers filled with sarcophagi typically holding the remains the last few workers to die in construction of such a structure. None of the sarcophagi appear to be disturbed in any way, and no presence of undead is detected within them.

Helm- The zombies shudder where they are, look around for a moment, and then all stand and begin shuffling toward you, lunging at you to attack, as they have become free-willed upon the death of their master. The small horde clamors at your armor but cannot find purchase, despite the numerous slams thrown at you.

Last edited:

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Thaklor smiles and nods to The guard as he approaches and though he shows respect to the man it is as if from a person of superior social rank.

"Thank you my son. I am a priest of Kossuth, father of flame. I have heard much of your great city and do intend to visit. May Kossuth bless your patrol with the light of truth."

With that, Thaklor continues on, taking some time as he walks to rifle through the coin pouch at his side for a suitable coin, non- thayan preferably, with which to buy his entrance. He meant no I'll to the people of this fine city, though best not to arouse the suspicion of the gate guard, nonetheless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using EN World mobile app

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merlin Vs. Entity CAGE MATCH!

Tellerian said:
Merlin is using spell-like abilities:

First, he will use AID, for a +1 Morale Bonus vs. fear effects, and on attack rolls, and 1d8+6 temporary hit points. [RESULT = 13 pts.]

Next, he will cast CURE SERIOUS WOUNDS (3d8+6 hit pts. restored.) [RESULT = 22 pts.]

This will put him at over his max hit pts (68, which is 2 pts above his normal 66. In 6 minutes, this total will drop to 55, as the temporary hit pts. fade.)

So...

OOC:

Merlin:
Max Hit Pts: 66
Temp. Hit Pts: 68...
Minus damage taken: 13
Current Hit Pts: 55

Initiative Result: 25

OOC: QUESTION: Can I use a move action to break free of the hold, or does doing so require a full round action? My intention is to invoke the power of my staff [Magic Missile] while attempting to free myself. If I have to, I'll invoke the staff rather than free myself. The logic is: freeing myself only allows it to make another attempt. Using the staff might actually harm it. Magic Missile damage: 14 pts.

GM: You'll have to use an attack action to break the grapple, or a standard action to use your staff. The entity's grapple upon you does not interfere with your somatic components as it has only grabbed you and is holding on to your chest and ribs. It's touch is painful and cold, both numbing the flesh around it as well as causing intense pain from within it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Liltroll2

Explorer
"Greetings Odie." Sheela offers a small bow to each of the individuals as they are introduced to her. "And Many greetings to the Court of Spring Joy." Searching her memory for the meaning of a seelie court Sheela smiles, "Thankyou for the invitation." She says and takes her place at the table.

OOC: Knowledge nature for the Seelie Court

"I have not noticed much outside of the normal tendings to the forest." Sheela offers quietly. "I have not ventured towards the cities of man though." for being a humaniod she seems to have an air of disgust when discussing mankind. Almost as if it was a victim talking about an abuser. "What of you, I am here as a humble servant for your issue."

drydenofasturia

First Post
Red did her best to stifle a giggle. Then gestured toward Aurelia with a wicked grin.
"Go for it! Try to hit the one with the sling.
The silently slid her sword from it's sheathe.
~This should be good.~

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merlin ignores the painful touch for the moment, and activates his staff. 5 Points of light sear into the entity's form.

OOC: 14 Points of Damage. If this causes the entity distress, I will keep doing it. If the entity seems un-phased by it, then the second round, Merlin will use his Command ability against it. Not sure what the DC for that is; his command will be "Flee!"; if that fails, Merlin is out of options. He will then have to risk freeing the entity to save himself (i.e., he will use Dispel Magic to bring down the force cage.) Last thought: Or worse yet, sacrifice himself to keep it here.

Last edited:

Remove ads