NWN The Dark Sun Project

Tonden_Ockay

First Post
NWN The Dark Sun Banner M001.jpg

This project is focused on creating the wold of Dark Sun using NWN (Neverwinter Night).

You can get the complete Neverwinter Nights game
HERE

Thierd Party Program to run the game Xoreos

Dark Sun
is an original Dungeons & Dragons campaign setting set in the fictional, post-apocalyptic desert world of Athas. The product line began with the original Dark Sun Boxed Set setting was released for AD&D in 1991. The product and was supported by TSR until 1996. It was one of TSR's most successful releases. In 2010, Wizards of the Coast released and updated setting and rulebook for the setting using the fourth edition rules. Dark Sun is notable for its innovative metaplot, influential art work, dark themes, and its genre bending take on traditional fantasy role-playing game

Our Current Team
So at this point and time we are working on adding to and improving on the haks needed for this project. Everyone sends me (TO) an updated hak of the work they have done once a week. This helps to make sure we keep moving forward on the project as well as to insure we don't lose a lot of work if something was to happen.

Currently there are Six of us working on this project
. That said we all have jobs, school, family, and other real life things that has to come first. There for, we only get to work on the project in our free time. Which is why we are always looking for people who would like to help bring the world of Athens (Dark Sun) to life using NWN. If you would like to help just contact me and we will see how you might be able to help with this project.

Send me a PM here or on the Vault website

Who is working on what.
Tilesets - Mondego and myself (Tonden Ockay) (a lot of work goes into tilesets so we could use more help here)
Creatures/Mounts/NPC's - Draygoth (there are a lot of NPC's and Creatures so we could use more help here)
Music/item icons - Time Bandit
Weapons and Armor - Sunssarathi2029
Placeables - Open right now
Scripting - Open right now (we really could use a few scripters)
* Dizzitt area builder, trying to learn scripting, helping out with testing the haks.

NWN The Dark Sun on the Vault
Project Page Forum Page

Last edited:

Tonden_Ockay

First Post
We have some nice looking weapons for our project, here is a screenshot of just a few of the ones we have already done.

14088758_1043563132424484_1489133000_n.png

Here is an in game screenshot of a few buildings we have so fat

jffcrl.jpg

We have a beta copy of The City-State of Tyr's City Gates. I say beta because I'm not 100% happy with the way they look yet so I will be reworking them soon to get them to look even close to what they should look like.

4ktldf.jpg

Here is a screenshot of some working mounts we have so far and we have more on the way.

6i5dzb.jpg

Tonden_Ockay

First Post
Weekly Highlight

I would like to Thank " Sunssarathi2029 " who is putting together our weapon and armor hak. He is doing a Great job and we are lucky to have him on our team.

Thanks a lot for all your time and work you putting into this hak " Sunssarathi2029 "

Here is a look at just a few of the weapons that are in the hak he is working on.

i1a97t.jpg

Tonden_Ockay

First Post
Weekly Hight #11

I have taken the NWN2 placeable Buildings and brought them into NWN1, here is some screenshots of some of them.

2jf0i2b.jpg

I'm still working on textures but they are close to the look that I'm going for.

I also have plans to turn these placeables into tiles for the tileset I'm currently working on. However its just not at the top of the list at this minute.

Tonden_Ockay

First Post
Weekly Highlight

I would like to thank Draygoth for make another mount for Dark Sun.

First here is a picture of some Dark Sun Mounts. In the picture you can see the two smaller crodlu riding mounts.

45f0a0827f0edb1cc61bd5ef66b5ea54.jpg

Now Here is the Mounts Draygoth made for our project.

2hwgu8y.jpg

Thanks Dratgoth for all the time and hard work you are putting into this project.

I know this Weekly Highlight is a day early but I just wanted to get it out with the holidays and all coming up.

Oh and there are more mounts on the way

Attachments

• 2hwgu8y.jpg
    2hwgu8y.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 277

Lord Irongron

First Post
Just discovered a link to this after seeing your image for a half-giant posted on Facebook.

Its really impressive work, and I hope to see the project succeed. Its definitely an under-used and under-appreciated D&D campaign setting. All the best for the future of Dark Sun!

Remove ads