Four-Fingers

As I listen to my Pink Floyd, my mania does begin to kick in.
I have an interesting question that I believe hasn't been posted. Suppose I would create a new character race. The only difference between this character race and humans would be that the new race has only 4 fingers on a hand (as though there was no "pinky finger"). I'm sure this would affect dexterity in some cases. My question is would the dexterity have a bonus or penalty? Are there any other possible game rulings that would follow that come to your (the audience's) mind?
Do, humor me, and list on !

DreamChaser

Explorer
just a change in the number of fingers would have no real effect. The only thing we use our pinky finger for is added support but if we didn't have it, we would adapt pretty quickly.

things that would change manual dexterity:

thickness of fingers
length of fingers / amount of webbing
number of joints
etc

DC

Oni

First Post
I can't imagine that it would really make any great difference if that was the normal state of the creature in question (i.e. from birth or having adapted). Now if it had been chopped off recently then I would think a small circumstance penalty to certain actions would be appropriate for a while.

Anyway reminds me of the elves from elfquest, they had hands just as you describe.

Chun-tzu

First Post
They might get a -2 penalty to piano playing or speed typing, but that's usually not a big problem in fantasy settings.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases