Character & Turn/Off-Turn Sheets AKA Easy Action Management w/ PDFs

I'm faculty, so I get the educational discount. Though at this point, Adobe should just give me the software for free given how long I've taught Photoshop...

Heh, my old business partner gets everything free from Adobe, like literally they just say "gosh, have as many licenses to as much stuff as you like, within reason." hehe. I think he's pretty much their go-to beta tester though, he's got all kinds of screwball software they never even released for general sale, like all the Linux versions of pretty much every Adobe product, etc. Crazy stuff. NewTek too, he's got every version of Lightwave ever, and practically ever plugin ever made for it. I think he's still got some video toasters in Amiga 4000's hiding somewhere in the back room too, lol! I remember when we did hot cutting-edge stuff with those babies.

Jhaelen

First Post
I wish I could justify subscribing to the entire Adobe suite.
I wouldn't worry about that. Imho, InDesign is utter crap. After using it to create some technical documentation, I only renewed the subscription in order to (try!) exporting everything into a more usable format (i.e. for free tools). In the end, all it did was to cause a lot of extra work and trouble. And that doesn't even cover the time and money wasted for training and learning to use the software. It's a trap. (Then again, the concept of software subscription is of course a trap, too...)

MwaO

Adventurer
I wouldn't worry about that. Imho, InDesign is utter crap. After using it to create some technical documentation, I only renewed the subscription in order to (try!) exporting everything into a more usable format (i.e. for free tools). In the end, all it did was to cause a lot of extra work and trouble. And that doesn't even cover the time and money wasted for training and learning to use the software. It's a trap. (Then again, the concept of software subscription is of course a trap, too...)

It depends on what you're trying to use it for. InDesign does a lot of things crazy well. You want something to look exactly like what it is supposed to look like in print, there's really nothing better. Optical kerning, master pages, etc...

But then, I'm a graphic designer, so I might be biased...

pemerton

Legend
I don't have anything fancy to offer, but attached is a 30th level sheet for the invoker/wizard in my game. Everyone has something similar to this. The actual info is in Excel.

It works OK provided you have good eyesight or reading glasses! (One player prints onto A3, double-sided because the PC alternates between a (reach, defensive) polearm and a (higher damage) mordenkrad.)

View attachment Malstaph L30.pdf

Remove ads