Michigan (Ann Arbor, Brighton, Novi): 1920'S CALL OF CTHULHU INSPIRED GAME SEEKING PLAYER

DrNilesCrane

First Post
1920'S CALL OF CTHULHU INSPIRED GAME SEEKING PLAYER

I'm running a new 1920's Call of Cthulhu inspired game on most Saturdays from 6pm to 11-ish, in Brighton (just north of Ann Arbor and west of Novi, about 15-20 minutes from either). I'm looking to round out the group with another player who enjoys bringing their characters to life at the table and who will contribute in creating a cooperative, positive, and immersive experience for everyone involved.

The host has a pair of friendly cats (in case of allergies) and provides a non-smoking, kids-free environment.

In the campaign, the characters will delve into conspiracies involving the supernatural, alien, and magical--and your character is likely rather unusual as well, perhaps endowed with supernatural or psychic gifts, or possessing an understanding of true magic, even suffering a lycanthropic curse, or something entirely different of your choosing. Think of a Call of Cthulhu setting in tone in which the characters not just explore that which we were not meant to know, but actively strive to keep the true nature of reality (as well as their own unusual abilities) a secret from the mundane people of the world who are not ready for such dangerous truths. The campaign will kick off with the player characters as kids in a first session prologue: what they experience will introduce them to the possibilities of the paranormal world and serve to bring them together again as adults around an unusual mystery...

We'll use a basic d20 system friendly to anyone new to RPGs: a player with little or no experience is definitely welcome. No knowledge of Call of Cthulhu is needed (we'll draw upon it for the tone and inspiration only), and you can expect a focus on 1st person role-playing in a player driven game of the investigation, facing down monsters of the week and conspiracies, sinister cults, and other dangers from beyond the void while working with your fellow players to stand against that which lurks in the darkness!

If you are interested, please contact me via Facebook. I always meet with a prospective new player in person first so we can both gauge if the campaign is a good fit.

Thank you!
Mark
mserrahn @ yahoo . com
(ignore the spaces)

Remove ads