Spell Help

TiwazTyrsfist

Adventurer
I want to make a spell that would let a character clean themselves of normal Dirt/Grime as if they had bathed and Laundered their clothes.

I'm thinking it should be doable with just Transform and Secret of Self (as a self only spell) as a Cantrip, but I was looking for some other opinions either supporting or alternate thoughts on it.

TiwazTyrsfist

Adventurer
I still find the Elements of Magic a bit hard to understand. Particularly things like, which secret is needed for an effect that isn't specified, or which skill it the most appropriate for an effect.

For example, I'd have gone with Abjure instead of Transform, except for a single example line in the Cantrips section (transform cloth to clean an outfit).

If something seems appropriate to multiple abilities or secrets, would you just allow either, as long as it makes sense?

I mean, I can see that it will be a very flexible system, i'm just having trouble wrapping my brain around the particulars.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I still find the Elements of Magic a bit hard to understand. Particularly things like, which secret is needed for an effect that isn't specified, or which skill it the most appropriate for an effect.

For example, I'd have gone with Abjure instead of Transform, except for a single example line in the Cantrips section (transform cloth to clean an outfit).

If something seems appropriate to multiple abilities or secrets, would you just allow either, as long as it makes sense?

I mean, I can see that it will be a very flexible system, i'm just having trouble wrapping my brain around the particulars.

Your could abjure earth to clean it, for example (cleaning off the mud). Transform cloth works too. Self is appropriate if you're wearing the clothes. It's up to the GM. If the player says "I use XY" and that sounds appropriate, it's fine. There are no set categories - it uses the English language as its engine. :)

You might be overcomplicating it. It literally is a case of "does the phrase [verb] [noun] make sense for this?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases