ZEITGEIST Zeitgeist book 3 pagination problem

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
I was going through my shiny new copy of Zeitgeist volume 3 (4e) when I was directed to the Appendices. I had trouble finding my page because all of the Appendices have the page numbers and bottom-of-page chapter titles in the gutter instead of out on the edge. It looks like the Appendices title page (p.238) was a late insertion which threw off the formatting. This also makes the outside of the book look a little odd, as the page edges of the Appendices are all white (which should make spotting this defect easy).

Also

[sblock] This throws off the front-to-back formatting of the Gyre plane handout cards. I wasn't going to cut up my book anyway, but someone might have wanted to.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dang. I had not noticed that when we got the proof, but yeah, the PF version has a text-free page 238 (with a monochrome version of the adventure 13 cover illo). I bet it was caused by handling the adventures as separate files, then combining them. The PF version was done first, and after combining I assume Frank added the buffer page, and then when he combined the 4e chapters into one file, it didn't occur to him that it wouldn't have that page. The page numbers auto-adjust, but the page borders don't.

Also, very minor weird typo, the 4e version of the Combat Catalogue, on the first page it's spelled Willimarkanova, but in PF it's Williamarkanova, with an extra a.

Ultimately it's a minor error, so I'm thinking it's fine to leave it as is. If I had the software to fix it myself I would, but I don't want to drag Frank back when he's moved on to other projects.

Remove ads