New to the game, want to ask a Demon/Devil based character.

Brolan

First Post
Hi! I am brand new to the game and I've been searching around to see the viability of the character I've become more and more adamant about playing.

I want to have an Elf (I think Myth Dronna is the ideal situation iirc) who for reasons were separated at birth and unbeknownst to the elf was put into a pact with a demon who intends to use the unassuming elf as a means of accumulating power until the demon/devil is ready to release destruction or dominance,( haven't decided what I actually want to do with the powered up demon in the endgame yet assuming the character even gets there. Not sure if I want a lower devil accumulating power for some hierarchal plot or a demon who just wants to make a mess of things etc etc)

So i have a character who doesn't understand where her power comes from and has this desire to accumulate/consume power. She doesn't gain any direct benefit, it just goes to this other planar manifestation, again, unbeknownst to her. I've toyed with the ideas of her being this seemingly innately gifted person for 'neutralizing magic' as she's actually transferring it to the demon instead, and she's on an ever quest to power up the demon who in turn powers her up to better accumulate power etc etc etc.

How do I make a proper character with a demon using her to gain power that works? Warlock seems like the obvious class choice, but I don't know how to make the demon part manifest in her character in a way that fits with the game.

Brolan

First Post
Succubus is the only one I know of off hand who innately has draining types of abilities who would resort to an extra indirect method of gaining power, but how would I make that work game mechanic wise?

Are there better suited patrons?

mellored

Legend
How do I make a proper character with a demon using her to gain power that works? Warlock seems like the obvious class choice, but I don't know how to make the demon part manifest in her character in a way that fits with the game.
Warlock yes, but possibly sorcerer.
She could think she has draconic sorcerer powers, but their really demon powers.

Either way, when you reach level 17, cast true polymorph on yourself and turn into a demon, and completely change personalities.

Mad_Jack

Legend
Fiend pact warlock is probably thematically the best, although you might also ask the DM if you can refluff the Fey or Great Old One pacts if you want to do some mind-control-ish stuff to represent a slightly mor succubus-ish feel to the pact.
Either chainlock for the familiar or tomelock for some extra demonic fun like the Thaumaturgy cantrip.

Narratively, the character has no idea that they're a warlock and instead was raised to believe they're a sorcerer.

Remove ads