Schrödinger's Murder (Adv 9 spoilers)

Samuel Cole

First Post
Schrödinger's Murder (Adv 9 spoilers)

We're in the first Act of Adventure 9, wherein the constables are investigating a convoluted murder in The Dreaming, and they're having difficulty picking through all the layered levels of illusions and lies. At the moment, they've found evidence implicating several different suspects and have "witnessed" visions depicted the murder happening in a few different (and irreconcilable) ways.

Rather than assuming that some of this evidence was fabricated, though, one of the PCs had the idea that maybe ALL of them were equally possible truths, and that The Dreaming would settle on one set of historical events at the moment that the PCs chose a murderer at the trial, much like how time passes in the dreaming according to how it needs to pass.

I thought it was such a cool idea that I'm considering having that be what's actually going on - rather than discovering who the murderer was, the PCs are deciding who the murderer was. Yay, quantum reality!

---

Also, after they got ambushed by "Darbony's" satyrs outside the krog tunnel, they captured the leader and interrogated her. When they woke her up, she immediately sensed that one of the constables (who have all been knighted) had an arcane connection to the Voice of Rot stemming back to Adventure 3. So I got to narrate, "The satyr says, 'Why is this knight different from other knights?'"

I'd literally been setting up that double pun for two years.

Remove ads