D&D 5E Street Fighter D&D

Mike Myler

Have you been to LevelUp5E.com yet?
I'm starting a new weekly series on mikemyler.com: Street Fighter D&D 5!
Each week I'll be posting a new character from the Street Fighter series using Mists of Akuma so it only seemed right to kick things off with the Great Ogre himself.
akuma-mists-of-akuma-promo.png
Check him out (CR 16) and if you'd like to see somebody specific let me know!

Mike Myler

I once created a Pen & Paper Mortal Kombat game.

A friend and I were talking yesterday about how a 1 vs 1 fighting system might be neat to include for 5E (some kind of hit/dodge mechanic -- I really liked the hit location system for WH40k -- and dueling rules a la Pathfinder). We kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinda have elemental ninjas in Mists of Akuma (I think the Gensoso might even be in the book's big preview?) but definitely nothing as specific as each Mortal Kombat ninja. They probably all deserve their own martial arts stance feat (one move per level of the feat, perhaps).

Mike Myler

CR =/ Level.

He is nowhere close to CR 16.

I agree that CR does not automatically equal level but there's a lot of hints that they can be used with one another for scale. My main determination that ended him up at CR 16 is that I think he could take an iron golem (which is also CR 16, the main differences being a lower AC, higher hit points, half as much movement, no guaranteed damage reduction, fewer but more potent attacks, and most importantly, no get-back-up-after-being-put-down mechanic). Do you feel he's still got too few hit points or just not enough damage or what? :)

Remove ads