Looking for more inspiration

First, the background on the characters: I'm making a set of four villains to torment the PCs lives. But first, I need to create the race they are based on. Short version: an apocalyptic event caused a plague which wiped out many of the elves. The dark elves split into two factions. One of these became more neutral (and eventually good) in their alignment and became the nightfey, a semi-nocturnal fey race that is known for hunting undead. One of the players is half-nightfey. This race keeps its background hidden, which is just about the only reason they don't attack what most people commonly call the dark elves on sight (they don't want to have to explain why they hate them)--though since the remaining dark elves became even more evil, it's pretty easy to find an excuse.

The aforementioned rest of the dark elves all became demonic creatures (think charged up tieflings), though they aren't common. Now I need to create their stats.

So: what powers would a demon blooded dark elf have? (this isn't FR, and enough has happened that you shouldn't feel bound by the drow stats). I need for them to be CR2 or 3, with a couple of hit dice.

I am inclined to give them more defensive stats, with multiple resistances and spell resistance. But all ideas are welcome.

Could you make them Yugoloth/daemon? Because most of the powers I'm thinking about sound better "Daemonic."

Daemonic Breath (Ex): A demonblood elf can exhale a cloud of poison (DC 11, initial damage 1d2 Str & secondary damage 1 Con) in a 20' cone.

Daemonic Acid (Ex): A demonblood elf can deal 1d2 points of additional acid damage with a touch, but only if it so wishes.

Krishnath

First Post
Well, let's see, if you have access to Savage Species I suggest you add the winged template to the daemonic dark elves.

If not do the following:

1) Take a drow (I prefer the one from FRCS, but the MM one will do).
2) Give it wings and a flying speed of 60' (average)
3) Increase their STR, DEX, and CHA by +2
4) Give them Acid, Electricity, and Fire Resistance 15.
5) Change their creature type to Outsider (Evil), but keep their elf subtype.
6) Increase their base HD to 2d8.
7) Give them the following spell-like abilities in addition to the ones they allready have: 1/day - Blur, Produce Flame, and Pyrotechnics. 3/day - Bane.
8) Change their CR to 2 and their LA to +4 (for a total ECL of +6)

Later,

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases