D&D 5E 5e Halcyon Academy

Jordy hoped that the boat would indeed float with all the people aboard. He wasn't a strong swimmer, for his ma telling him they were river folk afore his da died and they took to working for Mister Butterbur at the tavern. He didn't remember any of that, being just a wee one then. The tavern was all he had known, until that night...
Jordy shuddered, and there was a sound of raindrops on water. He slipped past the Goliath and clambered into the boat, squeezing into a spot in the middle.

Greenmtn

Explorer
Zivar looks for a chair to sit in and takes a seat.

"Hello, You wouldn't by chance know anything about a halfling running gout of here with his pants on fire would you?" he says with a nervous smile.

"So, yeah, I guess we both know why I'm here... um Zilzivar Kivrippliss Seodoireacht reporting for the Academy, I hope."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Llast/The Little Spitter
Late Fall/Morning

Asherah looked at the shiny coin and smiled at Korlin. “Oh, you are a minstrel?” she asked. “I always loved when the minstrels would come through our village as a child. I was a page training in the Suzerain’s court,” she told Korlin. “I was sent here as a reward for my service.” She didn’t want to brag or anything. “I suppose I should go to the Tower then and get my coin,” she mused, her tail swishing around. It brushed up against Korlin’s leg.

tglassy

Adventurer
[sblock=Mim]
Mim walks up the stairs, and on to the deck of the ship.

The ship is massive. Tall masts stand with the sails rolled up, the deck itself could easily hold a thousand people with room for a banquet table. How does a ship this big even float, Mim wonders?

The wood is ornate in every way, with carvings in the railings depicting mermaids, dolphins and other sea life. People of every race walk about, no one paying much attention to the Kenku who just walked out of the storage hold. Many of the people seem to be carrying belongings through a door that leads below deck. The helm of the ship is raised above the rest, and a man stands there, his arms behind his back, surveying the comings and goings. He has a hard look on his face.

"Exciting, isn't it?" a voice said besides Mim. When Mim turns to see who spoke, he sees a small gnome with glasses and hair that sprouted in every direction. "Halcyon Academy's own ship, The West Wind. A marvel of architecture, wouldn't you say?"[/sblock]

[sblock=Jordy]
The small, rickety boat took off from the dock, the Goliath holding on to the sides so tight his knuckles turned white. As the little boat left the cove, Halcyon Academy's flagship, The West Wind came into sight.

It was massive, an architectural marvel. The wood, though only wood, seemed to almost shine like gold, the masts went up forever, though the sails were rolled at the moment.

The Goliath looked up in awe, "At least that one doesn't look like it'll spring a leak anytime soon..."
[/sblock]

[sblock=Zivar]
"You will certainly have the opportunity to try!" The set a coin down on the table in front of the gnome. It is a small coin, perhaps an inch long, and is clearly made of gold. On the one side was the face of a rugged man with a beard, and on the other was a castle.

"Obviously, the Academy isn't here in Llast. It's on an island. Well, it's on a number of islands. Impossible to find unless your captain knows exactly how to get there. Once there, in order to get off the boat, you have this coin. You will not be able to get off the boat without one. If the boat gets there, and you do not have this coin, no force will be able to pull you off that boat. You will be brought back here, and be offered another chance with next year's class, maybe. Do I make myself clear?"

He didn't bother waiting for an answer.

"Good! On to other things. No weapons, that was on the invitation, I think. No other magical items. The first thing you will be doing is your entrance exams. Need to know if you're going to be staying, and where you can stay. Don't worry, sixty percent of each incoming class makes it to at least one of the schools. That's better than half a chance! You'll be great.

"Now, do you have any questions?"
[/sblock]

[sblock=Asherah]
Korlin smiled at the touch. "Why don't we go together? I've already been, but quite frankly, I've met so few interesting people in this gods forsaken town. It'd be a shame to lose sight of you so soon after meeting."[/sblock]

Greenmtn

Explorer
Zivar looks at the coin for a moment.

"Actually yes I have a few questions, the first and most important, in two parts, when and where do I get on the boat?"

He reaches for the coin while waiting for an answer.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Mim looks at the gnome and laughed and clapped his hands. Mim liked gnomes they made these really amazing clock work toys.

Mim surveys his surroundings before picking Barnabus up "Squeek squeak sqeee squeeek"(well we made it to the academy after all that. What luck never have you lead me astray.)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Llast/The Little Spitter
Late Fall/Morning

Ashera smiled brightly at Korlin. “That would be wonderful!” she said. “I do not know anyone in town, so your company would be appreciated.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Llast/Marketplace:

"I will consider your offer. I think I should head to the tower soon, however, so goodbye for now.", says Dariana. She then leaves and begins making her way to the tower.

OOC: Yes I said I'm out of touch but I may have a few moments here and there. Like now.

The small, rickety boat took off from the dock, the Goliath holding on to the sides so tight his knuckles turned white. As the little boat left the cove, Halcyon Academy's flagship, The West Wind came into sight.

It was massive, an architectural marvel. The wood, though only wood, seemed to almost shine like gold, the masts went up forever, though the sails were rolled at the moment.

The Goliath looked up in awe, "At least that one doesn't look like it'll spring a leak anytime soon..."

Jordy stared. The West Wind was bigger than most of the buildings he'd seen, the Tower, and Lord Taneer's stronghold being notable exceptions. He'd seen riverboats aplenty in Novis, but the ocean-going vessel was huge.

tglassy

Adventurer
[sblock=Jordy and Mim, on The West Wind]
The row boat Jordy was on came up alongside The West Wind, hooked up to a rope, and was lifted out of the ocean expertly to the side of the ship, allowing the passengers to board the boat. A shimmering energy shield around the railing of the boat came into view as each person crossed the threshold, then vanished. When Jordy crossed, he felt a feint tingle from his coin as he passed through the energy barrier.

Surveying the deck, he saw a number of people walking to a door leading below. On the deck were others, mostly crewmen, but a few Academy candidates were loitering about as well. He saw a Kenku and a gnome talking not far away, as well as a trio of Dragonborn huddled on the far side of the deck.

Mim noticed the newcomers, noticing a Goliath, a number of elves, and a halfling. A human walked up to the group.

"This way," he said. "Your quarters are below deck. It's first come, first serve, but there are plenty of beds."

He turned and led the group to the door.[/sblock]

[sblock=Zivar, Dariana, and Asherah in the Tower]
Dariana the wood elf, Asherah the Tabaxi, and Korlin the human arrive at the Tower at the same time, each walking in to see a human wizard in a bright orange robe seated at a table across from a gnome, Zivar. The wizard looks up at them.

"Ah, welcome! Cutting it rather close, aren't you? No matter, come in, come in, take a seat, all of you. I trust you are here for your coins?"[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases