D&D 5E 5e Halcyon Academy

tglassy

Adventurer
[sblock=Mim]
The Goliath looks at Mim and grins. "Hello, friend. I am Jorrick. What shall I call you?"
[/sblock]

[sblock=In the Tower]
Korlin looks at Asherah, "Well, we can go straight to the boat, but it doesn't leave until morning. We could go back to the tavern for a while. Enjoy one more night of normalcy before we ship off?"
[/sblock]

OOC: To anyone who goes to the docks, there is a small rowboat that is ferrying people to the ship. There isn't anyone else on the rowboat, as most people have already gone to the ship, and it is getting to be late afternoon.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Mim looks at the Goliath cocks his head to a side and stares, you can hear the cogs turning in his head.Mim didn't exactly have a name after a few moments of silence Mim simply replies "Squeak"?

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Llast/The Tower
Late Fall/Morning

“Oh, this is all so mysterious and exciting!” Asherah said, her ears flicking up, tail swishing behind her. She picked up her coin from the table, along with the other lady.

"We could talk, it would be nice to know a couple people at the Academy,” the gnome said.

“Of course!” Asherah beamed. “It is good to have friends! I am Asherah P’Rurr,” she introduced herself, offering her furry hand in the human gesture of greeting.

"Well, we can go straight to the boat, but it doesn't leave until morning. We could go back to the tavern for a while. Enjoy one more night of normalcy before we ship off?"

“We could,” Asherah said. “I do not wish to miss the ride, however. But I am kind of a night person.”

Greenmtn

Explorer
Zivar stops when he hears this and turns to Asherah

“Of course!” Asherah beamed. “It is good to have friends! I am Asherah P’Rurr,” she introduced herself, offering her furry hand in the human gesture of greeting.

Zivar shakes the Tabaxi's hand excitedly. "A pleasure to meet you Asherah P'Rurr, May I call you Asherah? I am Zilzivar Kivrippliss Seodoireacht but please do call me Zivar, even I get bored listening to full gnome names, they are so long and cumbersome in speech. Even if they do serve quite well when it comes to formalities. Mother says when I was young, in order to get me to sleep she would simply use my grandfathers full name in a soft voice."

Almost equal parts eager to make a friend and terrified returning home and having to admit that he never even made it to the Academy Zivar thinks for a moment.

"We could have the best of both worlds. Why not get a bottle of wine and talk over drinks on the boat? I must admit I am not used to this many people being around and I fear that it makes me quite uncomfortable. Our communities are... smaller, back home." He gives a big grin and chuckles hoping that the double meaning wasn't lost, and is received well.

tglassy

Adventurer
[sblock=Dariana, Zivar, and Asherah]"That sounds reasonable," Korlin says, perhaps slightly disappointed.

As they leave the Tower, Korlin offers to run into the tavern to grab the bottle of wine. He is gone for a little longer than it should have taken, but eventually he returns with a bottle in hand, as well as a bag with his things.

"Shall we?" he says, leading the rest to the dock.

Once there, they find a boat, as I mentioned before, which is empty save for those needed to row it. The trip out of the cove is uneventful.

Once out of the cove, the ship, The West Wind, comes in to view. It was massive, an architectural marvel. The wood, though only wood, seemed to almost shine like gold, the masts went up forever, though the sails were rolled at the moment.

Once the rowboat came beside the ship, a rope was lowered, attached to the boat, and it lifted into the air to allow the passengers to reach the deck. The wood is ornate in every way, with carvings in the railings depicting mermaids, dolphins and other sea life.

A hard faced man greets these last few passengers. "Took your time. I'm told there aren't many candidates left in town." He gestures to a door. "That will lead below deck, to the passenger's quarters. It's two to a room, and they aren't spacious. Should still be an empty room or two, and there are a few that still have one empty bunk.

"Oh, yes. I'm the Captain, and you will address me as such. I'm not going to give you my name because I really don't care to get to know you. Leave me and my crew alone for the trip, and we'll get along perfectly fine. I trust you all have your coins. Now if you'll excuse me."

And with that, the Captain walked away.

OOC: Feel free to RP any of that if you like, otherwise, pick a room. There are two empty rooms, and of the potential roommates, you have a gnome, a drow female, a young dwarf and Jordy, a halfling.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mim]
"Squeak?" the big man said, looking confused. "That doesn't sound like a name. Don't you have a real name? Like Horkack, or Barabum? I had a friend named Barabum once. He took my woman, so I smashed his knee. Maybe not Barabum."

The Goliath seemed upset at this memory, though he smiled readily enough.

[/sblock]

Azurewraith

Explorer
Mim's stomach rumbles like thunder, he hadn't eaten yet and a thankful change of subject. Mim looks at the Goliath quizzically before imitating the sound of pots and pans clattering.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Llast/The Tower
Late Fall/Morning

“Yes. Asherah is my name. You may call me that,” the tabaxi laughed. “Zivar. That is not so much a mouthful as the rest, I agree,” she told the gnome. She laughed quite a lot at his joke and then said, “Yes, we can get a bottle or two and share it on the boat,” she said, looking to see what Korlin thought. He didn’t look too enthused, but he agreed and went inside, returning with wine and his things.

They found the boat at the harbor and were taken out to the ship. Asherah stiffened at the sight of so much water and sat erect at the very center of the rowboat. “I don’t like water…” she said, her tail twitching nervously. “We don’t have oceans in the Suzerainty.”

Her eyes opened wide at the sight of the ship, however. She had never seen one so big! And it was beautiful. The water, however, was much more of a concern, and she felt her stomach doing flips, her claws digging into the wood to hold tight as they were hoisted aboard. Once it was possible, she darted for the deck as far away from the rails as possible.

“How long will this take?” Asherah asked nervously as they went down below. She hugged herself, clutching at her bag. Maybe she shouldn’t have had that ale at the tavern.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Concentration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 6/6
AC: 12
Unarmed: +1 1 B
Claws: +1 1d4 S
[/sblock]

Greenmtn

Explorer
Zivar Happily walks with his new acquaintances down to the docks.

His eyes widen so far that an onlooker might fear they would fall out if he looked down at the sight of the ship that will take them to the Academy. His head darts around as his eyes try to focus jumping from one decorative carving to another. He must get a closer look.

The captain can probably notice the look of an excited child, there, hearing the words, but not really listening as Zivar nods mindlessly during his brief speech. As soon as the captain is done Zivar is off running. After about 5 steps he comes to a sliding stop, turns and looks back at Asherah and Korlin.

"Right manners, so I'll run down and drop my stuff in an empty room and meet you back here. Those carvings, I must look closer, so inspiring."

And off again he runs to find a bunk.

Remove ads