If you could wipe movies from your mind...

isaquelazaro

First Post
The Witch. I watched it three times, but it was specially terrifying when I didn't know what was going to happen. Nowadays I only watch it to study, but I miss the fear of the unknown and all the tension.

Dioltach

Legend
Not movies so much, but I'd love to experience reading The Lies of Locke Lamora or The Name of the Wind for the first time again. Or the hundreds of Far Side cartoons.

Growing up, our parents would always get us those slim Far Side books as gifts. Those and Sniglets.

I wouldn’t trade the memory of my first reading of Name of the Wind for the world, though – sitting on the deck of a cruise ship down in the Caribbean.

Not movies so much, but I'd love to experience reading The Lies of Locke Lamora or The Name of the Wind for the first time again. Or the hundreds of Far Side cartoons.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
I would like to watch the Empire Strikes Back fresh. Return of the Jedi was the first Star Wars movie I saw and it was always a fact for me that Vader was Luke's dad. Not only did I not experience the big reveal but I think a lot of the emotional weight of Empire was lost for me. I suspect experiencing "No, I am your father." unspoiled would make me have even more appreciation for the film.
I saw Empire in the theater, original run. My first take on that scene was, "Vader's the villain and he's trying to confuse Luke; he must be lying."

Remove ads