Best way to use Digital maps for Face-to-face games

PinkRose

Explorer
I play face-to-face right now with my daughters.
I used to play online, so all my maps are digital.
What is the best way to get the digital maps used in my at-the-table games?

Projector?
In-table Monitor?
TV on the wall?
Print the damn things out?

Thoughts? Links? Ideas? Experience?

It's so odd when I search for this, I can only find stuff from 2009-2011. It seems once digital gaming software came out, Roll20/Fantasy Grounds, the idea that people don't use digital maps for face-to-face stopped. That can't be true.
Help me Obi-Wan, you're my only hope.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
There is another thread on this, but before we repeat here the debate that, please clarify how you intend to use the map at table. Are you basically looking for a digital battlemap? I've seen people use projectors or lay a flat panel display flat on a table. Paralax can be an issue so you want to get a display that still looks good when viewed from various angles. Some use a VTT on a horizontal screen and the DM or designated play moves digital tokens around.

There are several good discussions about this in the RealmWorks user form. Start with "What does your game table look like" because there is both pictures and tech discussion: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=50112&highlight=paralax

Most Realmworks users play in-person games and so there are a lot of discussion on using RealmWorks player view and VTTs. Some use only RealmWorks, so use it in conjunction with a VTT (Fantasy Grounds especially).

Remove ads