I've Got That: Utility Skill Power Guide

darkbard

Legend
So by my count 19 Dark Blue and 12 Sky Blue ratings among the 16 skills. Sounds about right to me. Interesting how heavily tilted towards the "mental" stats the higher ratings are!

I understand your point about Stay Back! but have a hard time imagining a DM overriding the player light source area with an environmental effect. I've always considered this a Sky Blue rating.

MwaO

Adventurer
So by my count 19 Dark Blue and 12 Sky Blue ratings among the 16 skills. Sounds about right to me. Interesting how heavily tilted towards the "mental" stats the higher ratings are!

I understand your point about Stay Back! but have a hard time imagining a DM overriding the player light source area with an environmental effect. I've always considered this a Sky Blue rating.

Yeah, I did too. Not sure if it works any longer. Reasonably clear that the normal ruling is not the intent and it isn't clear if a square is already illuminated, that a new source of illumination is illuminating it. How does one light up an area that's already lit up with no change in brightness?

The mental skills just have more choices mostly.

Okay, took a big first stab at all the powers. Comments, thoughts, things I missed?

Looks pretty good. I think I'm in broad agreement with your ratings.

I like your rating of Secrets of the City. I mean basically what you have is a Gold rating if your conflicts predominantly take place in settled locales versus wilderness locales. Conversely, if they're predominately in the wild, you're looking at Purple to Red. Finally, if its a pretty even split, you're probably talking about a Blue rating given the sheer potency for a level 2 Utility (or a single Feat).

MwaO

Adventurer
Looks pretty good. I think I'm in broad agreement with your ratings.

I like your rating of Secrets of the City. I mean basically what you have is a Gold rating if your conflicts predominantly take place in settled locales versus wilderness locales. Conversely, if they're predominately in the wild, you're looking at Purple to Red. Finally, if its a pretty even split, you're probably talking about a Blue rating given the sheer potency for a level 2 Utility (or a single Feat).

Thanks!

Two big downsides of Secrets of the City which is where it ended up black:
You need to spend roughly an hour or so to make the initial Streetwise check. You might not have that time.

It basically makes you trained in Int-skills in an urban environment. But...there's no real guarantee that you'll be the only 'Int'-based PC - and in particular, because you're unreliable, it isn't as if someone won't want to be trained in them anyway.

MwaO

Adventurer
Updating some powers based on feedback from another site:
Insightful Riposte is noted as being almost Gold
Timely Dodge is noted as being almost Gold
Peer Through the Void got kicked up to Blue for it being potentially an Encounter long stance.
Noted who is more likely to benefit from Arcane Mutterings and that it potentially isn't useful at all for Wizards.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases