D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder

Chalaska Muruin: The guide estimates, from the details you can provide, that the giant's fortress is 50 miles away. Essentially, two full days ride at normal pace. If the price is a problem, she is willing to take a cut of any treasure found on the mission.

Carolina: After taking a look at the party, Chalaska would announce that she can arrange for ponies (or even large dogs) for travel too.

Tranio: The ruffians silently eye you. Evening the snake around the candle hisses. It is a tense moment until a bearded man accepts the bottle (which cost 5 copper) and roughly grunts for you to sit. "And which highfalutin god do you worship, paladin?"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Aremus considered Chalaska's offer, combined with the desires of his friends.

OOC: Is it "3 silver per person per day" or just "3 silver per day"? Because I think Aremus can handle using 15 gp of the money the Abbot gave him for some maneuverability.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tranio: The ruffians silently eye you. Evening the snake around the candle hisses. It is a tense moment until a bearded man accepts the bottle (which cost 5 copper) and roughly grunts for you to sit. "And which highfalutin god do you worship, paladin?"

Tranio pulls up a chair, laughing.

"I've never been accused of being a paladin before," he says, pouring himself a shot before putting the bottle back on the table in front of someone else's empty glass.

"But yes I'm a priest. I do not ask you to believe in my god. I know you will meet, eventually -- some of you sooner than others."

"Call me Tranio. I've only got one night in town. Let's make it a good one."

Aremus: That price is for the entire group, not per individual.

Tranio: The bearded man lets out a great laugh when you explain that they shall meet your god. He introduces himself as Teldorn and wonders how the not paladin fairs at drinking contests.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"You have yourself a deal, ma'am." said Aremus to Chalaska Muruin. Later, when explaining his choice to his allies, he said, "It's not that the overland trip will be faster, it's that we will be much more mobile if we run into giant-sized opposition."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Bah! You assume we would retreat from such! They tried to destroy Nightstone! We kill giant-sized opposition, not run from them! You talked to that giantess! Fine, I've no stomach for killing defensless beings, even giants. But if you think I'll let any warrior survive the encounter, you're very, very wrong! Giant-sized opposition indeed!" Ordrar grows more and more agitated with endless talk. First giantess, now waiting for horses, talking to human scum! And, as if that isn't enough, we need to spend money. And run from giants!. He shakes his head and stomps out. "Let me know when we start and how much I have to pay. Don't start the fight here or I will start killing."

TallIan

Explorer
Fistan

"You seem keen to meet out violence against those that harmed Nightstone. " Fistan says to Ordrar. "Let us be on our way first thing then. I too am keen to see this senseless war of giants brought to an end before there is more bloodshed. Horses should get us there that much faster than on foot, and better rested to do our own violence."

Evening: Tranio continues to happily lose each drinking contest while the locals do their best to calm down Ordrar. If there is no further business, the party departs at dawn.

Grudd Haug: The party ride their horses and ponies for about two days. Even from a distance, Grudd Haug is easily spotted. Resembling a beaver dam, it straddles a river. The lower level of the den is lodged between two rocky outcroppings and made of piled timber packed with clay and mud, with hollow cavities that resemble caves. Above this piled timber foundation is a mud steading (a house made to giant scale) with a log roof. The structure is an impressive feat of engineering. East of the steading is a yard enclosed by a 20-foot-high palisade wall made of logs lashed together with thick twine.

Party Location: At the moment, the party is a fair distance away facing the palisade at the bottom of the image. You are free to attempt to approach the base from any direction though.

Chalaska Muruin: The normally tough guide is shocked at the size of the fortress and perhaps you can even detect some fear. Still, she offers to stay nearby with the mounts if you wish.

Grudd Haug.JPG

Remove ads