D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I'm with you. Just to get some repairs started. Yes, Yes, Spuds, I remember. But I don't know yet if anything survived. Patience. You wouldn't go alone with orcs and giant about, would you?"

Ordrar looks over the tavern assessing damage. Maybe it would be better if it is destroyed completly, his mission is leaving him away. Finally. But the people will need common.

"We should go see the Lady of the town first. And find that giant. Orcs cannot do much against the walls, but giant is a real danger. If you're all willing, of course."

Last edited:

TallIan

Explorer
Fistan, Wizard 4

"I do not," Fistan answered the woman, "A language that would be useful for my chosen profession, though I have focused on protective magics and find celestial more useful." Realising he is rambling somewhat he returns to the woman's offer, "I would, yes."

He waits for her translation then asks, "Do you practice much of the arcane, or do you simply dabble?"

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Passive Perception: 12
AC: 12 (15 with mage armour, 17/20 with shield)
Initiative: +2
HP: 26/26 (HD: 4/4d6)
Arcane Ward: 12/12 THP currently not active

Offense
Spell attack: +6 to hit Spell DC: 16
Quarterstaff: +1 1d6-1B

Luck: 3/3

Spells
CANTRIPS (4): FireBolt, Light, Minor Illusion, One more
LEVEL 1: (4/4): *Mage Armour, *Shield, *Fog Cloud (C) *Thunderwave, Sleep, Unseen Servant (R), Alarm (R), Find Familiar (R)
LEVEL 2: (3/3) *Flaming Sphere (C), *Misty Step, two more[/SBLOCK]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Speaking of languages," offered Aremus, overhearing Fistan, "I can speak the Orc tongue, harsh as it is. Would you like me to speak to our prisoner? I doubt it will prove useful; they rarely know anything, but you never know."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ch2b76.jpg

Nightstone/Tavern
Morning
Round 0

“Thank’ee,” Dren said, bowing his head a little as the priest gives them Lathander’s blessing when he reclaims his property.

“I am willing to go to Goldenfields,” Dren told Aremus.

When it looked like the line of townsfolk was dwindling, Dren set about dividing what was left of the spoils.

OOC:
Trainio = 9 gp, 4 sp, 4 cp, 1 bright gemstone (50gp)
Fistan = 9 gp, 4 sp, 4 cp, Potion of Healing
Carolina = 9 gp, 4 sp, 4 cp, Healer’s kit
Dren = 9 gp, 4 sp, 4 cp, Potion of Heroism (1 hr, 10 thp, effects of Bless spell)
Bethany = 9 gp, 4 sp, 4 cp, 1 bright gemstone (50 gp)
Aremus = 10 gp, 4 sp, 6 cp
Ordrar = 10 gp, 4 sp, 6 cp
Town of Nightstone = 10 gp, 4 sp, 5 cp

Let me know if you think this is fair. I divided the money by including Nightstone in as part of the “party” and gave them any remainders. Trainio got one of the gemstones because he expressed a desire for thieves tools (or maybe the gemstone is a ruby, so he has his ruby dust).. Bethany got the other stone because she expressed a desire to upgrade her armor. The rest of it I divided based upon what I thought would benefit the party most. So Carolina got the Healer’s Kit because Thieves can use it as a bonus action as part of their Cunning Action. Fistan got the Potion of Healing because Aremus is a paladin and has Lay on Hands, and Ordrar has Second Wind (though I did consider giving it to Ordrar since he’s on the front line and Fistan should be in the back). Dren got the Potion of Heroism because he doesn’t have self-healing (gains thp) and has two attacks (benefits more from the Bless aspect). Unfortunately that leaves Aremus and Ordrar odd men out, so I split the remainder coins between them and Nightstone.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Bonus Action:
Move:
Reaction:
Object Interaction:

Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 16
HP: 33/33 HD: 4/4d8
Ki: 4/4/R
Darts 10
Arrows: 20
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Treasure]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tranio - half-elf death cleric
Fistan - human wizard
Carolina - halfling rogue
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter
Aremus - half-elf paladin
Ordrar - dwarf eldritch knight
[/sblock]

Dren: The townsfolks accept your offerings with no complaints. OOC: Thank you for doing the math!

Fistan:
The woman gets a sly grin. “Let all who enter this home without the consent of its owner burn for ninety-nine years in the depths of Nessus and freeze for a thousand more in the icy wastes of Cania.” She laughs afterwards. " I only dabble. That necklace is quite valuable, but I thought my son was going to die in that cave. Thanks to you he will grow to be a man. You may keep it."

Bethany: Torem explains to you that Darthag, the poor man eaten by the giant rats, ran the merchant store. Right now there isn't anyone in Nightstone to even sell your armor. However, Darthag's wife recently traveled to Triboar to get an additional store up and running. "If you all plan to be heading that far north then I will give you Darthag's bones," he offers. "She deserves to have them and I'm sure will give you a more than fair deal for new armor."

Ordrar: You now own an inn that has giant hole in the roof and is filled with potatoes. Torem would tearfully inform everyone that Lady Nandar dies in the siege. The matter of inheritance is up to Waterdeep and still entirely unresolved.

Transport: His wagon empty, Spuds now offers to shuttle everyone to Goldenfields. He would charge 1 GP each for this.

Goldenfields: Goldenfields is a walled abbey to Chauntea of spectacular size covering over 20 square miles and housing over 5,000 people. The majority of the settlement if made up of farmland. Goldenfields is the primary source of food for Waterdeep and the other Sword Coast cities.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Lady Nandar, dead?" Aremus shakes his head, "These truly are difficult times. If we inform the Abbot of Goldenfields, we may be able to send food, labour, and other aid to these people. By river, it could be here quite quickly. We could take poor Darthag's bones - they will be well cared for by the priests until we have completed the Abbot's task, and then we can deliver them to Triboar. Join me, friends. The gods smile on us as a team. See all we have accomplished!"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I still think we need to track down that giant. If we go immediately we risk returning to razed town." reiterates Ordrar. "Tavern can wait, I'll just organize people to cover it so it doesn't deteriorate further."

industrygothica

Adventurer
A couple of loud thuds emanate from across the room as Carolina finishes tinkering with her crossbow. "That should to it," she says to herself, then looks up at the others. "So, what're we doin'?"

Remove ads