Flight of the Resistance

Quickleaf

Legend
Kabal/Rainforest outside Spirepoint/Ruined Temple
5:51 PM/Sunset at 6:45

As much as the heavy stone seemed to throw off the First Order's sensors, Rex's sensor readings were erratic; the immediate group including Arsinoë, Kospirian, and Garrett all came through loud and clear, but in the passageway picking up much beyond that was next to impossible. It would take analysis of stone and coral samples to determine what specifically was causing the bad sensor data. Once at the lip of the geometric archway leading into the southwestern arm of the open-air starfish temple, however, Rex could make out several humanoid life signs. One was creeping quickly toward their position, hugging the walls as if trying to stay hidden, showing slightly elevated heat readings usually associated with illness, wounding, or exertion. Then, one hundred meters past that reading, were three humanoids moving in patrol formation around the western edge of the ziggurat and headed southward toward the southwestern "arm of the starfish."

The immediate area beyond the archway looked like it was once an amphitheater with stone seats built into the walls cracked and woven through with thick vines and arboray roots. Slabs of fractured stone covered in moss lay scattered about the amphitheater, with the few partition walls still standing offering limited cover. It looked like it had been bombed out or suffered some terrible earthquake. A large hunk of coral rested in the center of the 'chamber', and though damaged by whatever caused the collapse as well as the endless rains of Kabal, it bore signs of having once been carved to resemble something spherical.

GM: The crouching humanoid hugging the walls on Rex's sensors is Rico [MENTION=6814006]Thateous[/MENTION], just so we're on the same page.

Last edited:

xynthoros

First Post
Rex sensed their surroundings, four individuals, one seemed aware of their location and was closing quick, "R3 unit detects 4 humanoids in vicinity, one is closing quickly on our positions behind cover. The others are heading towards our position in patrol formation. We should prepare for engagement."

With that Rex rolled a bit back behind the group, but did ready his shock implement giving off a slight crackle of electricity and the scent of ionizing air. He wasn't terribly useful in combat, but he would do what he could to protect his allies. "Additionally, if you can manage it, please recover their helmets in tact, I can make use of them."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
28iamw9.jpg

Kabal/Rainforest outside Spirepoint/Jedi Temple
5:52 PM/Sunset at 6:45

Arsinoë held her hand up to shield her eyes as the entered out into the ancient, broken amphitheatre, her brown eyes blinking tears against the bright sunlight.

“Oh, crap. We can’t fight stormtroopers!” Arsinoë said in response to Rex’s report. She pulled out the stun stick and the very small blaster she carried and ducked behind one of the broken stones for cover.

Thateous

Explorer
Rico's arms were starting to reach their limits when he reached the opening he spotted the unknown humanoid just minutes ago. He listened briefly for any signs of activity, a faint voice and a strange humming noise was all he could make out.

Tired of the cat and mouse Rico clasps the hilt of his Vibrosword in one hand and his lightsaber in the other as he drops into the opening. He lands, kneeling to absorb the shock of the drop, and looks up from under his hood. Three humans stood a short distance away all ready for his arrival with various weapons in hand. He then noticed the droid in the back and realized he'd probably been picked up by some kind of sensor from the R unit.

Rico held his crouched stance not daring to make a move against the already edgy bunch. Based on the mud and scratches, they too were playing a dangerous game of cat and mouse.

Sent from my SM-G935P using EN World mobile app

Garrett raises his carbine as the humanoid shape drops into the open tunnel. He hesitated on pulling the trigger. First because he had never shot anyone before. Second because the figure was not clad in the white of a stormtrooper. Who was this man and was he with the First Order or running from them? He motions with the weapon hoping to sound intimidating.

"Don't move, who are you?"

Thateous

Explorer
Rico's muscles reflexively tightened as the carbine became centered on him. He took a deep breath and spoke as calmly as he could, given the situation. "The names Rico. To whom do I have the pleasure of running into in the middle of a First Order area of operation?"

GreenKarl

First Post
The green skinned Mirialins step in to the front of Arsinoë and R3, his holdout blaster and vibroknife in hand (but not pointed at Rico) "Kospirian" he says to the new comer. "And its a good thing you don't look like a Stormtrooper dropping in like that. We are a little trigger happy with everything going on..."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
28iamw9.jpg

Kabal/Rainforest outside Spirepoint/Jedi Temple
5:53 PM/Sunset at 6:45

Arsinoë’s finger tightened on the trigger and she nearly fired into Kospirian’s back when he stepped in front of her. She gave out an annoyed, frustrated, relieved sigh that it wasn’t a stormtrooper and shoved her blaster away. She stalked up to the newcomer, looking up at him and tapping him on the chest with her stun baton.

“Might want not to jump out at people in a tense situation,” she scolded with a haughty up turn of her cute little nose. She gave a puff of air at an unruly strand of hair before reaching up and tucking it back behind her delicate ear. She eyed the cylinder in his hand. Some kind of high tech glow rod? Or weird blaster?

Thateous

Explorer
Rico did not budge from his croutched position while answering their questions. He still felt the carbine aimed at him. As Arsinoë poked him with the baton he twitched a bit, expecting the all too familiar shock.

She was brave to walk up to him. If the worse were to happen he would use her as a shield and make his escape. He hoped it wouldn't come to that as he spoke, "My apologies. I do not blame your cautiousness, but clinging to the wall to escape the First Order was beginning to wear out my arms and I might need that strength later. I spotted one of you observing the First Order from this entrance. Given their numbers I was curious if the enemy of my enemy was..." he let's his sentence trail off.

Sent from my SM-G935P using EN World mobile app

Quickleaf

Legend
Stormtrooper transmissions, intercepted by Rex

GM: RSO cutting through Rex's coms jamming http://orokos.com/roll/498487: 1eA+1eP+3eD 0 successes, 2 threat

Interpreting 1 Threat as "ghosting" the party's presence in multiple locations when the gabled sensor reading appear on displays of the stormtrooper helmets.

Interpreting 1 Threat as Rex being able to continue clearly reading the stormtrooper attempted coms with a bit of effort.

The Sergeant's voice crackled for a moment over the coms, which were finally succumbing to Rex's jamming, <<"Slow and stead.... --r clever corners, rook... On me, let's m... RSO, --port?">>

No matter how the sensor operator modulated the frequency, Rex had figured out the algorithm he was using to undermine the jamming, and, at this close range at least, the operator didn't stand a chance with that algorithm. <<"I have a f... --southw... Transmitting coordi... Damn it! --opy? Do you co-->>"

The sensor operator in the walker was trying to patch through sensor data to the stormtrooper's helmets, but it was only coming through in fragmented bursts that were hard to make sense of, with numerous green blips making it seem like the position of Rex and his companions were in several places at once.

With the amount of power going into jamming comms in the area, it would make using coms impossible Rex and his companions as well and appear as a 1.5 kilometer area exhibiting a glaring amount of noise on any sensors.

Clearing up the RSO's signal for just himself, Rex was able to discern a critical message, <<"I have a fix on their location; they just appeared back on sensors. In the southwest wing of the ruins. Transmitting coordinates to you now and moving to intercept. Do you copy? Damn it! Whoever's jamming us, knows what he's doing. Do you copy, sir?">>

K3FZBge.png

Kabal/Rainforest outside Spirepoint/Ruined Temple

Feet scraping across uneven stone and vines. The trio of stormtroopers who'd been playing cat-and-mouse with Rico continued moving southward around the ziggurat. There was enough cover to hide from them so long as they continued circumambulating the ziggurat and didn't break off to investigate the southwestern arm of the temple.

The whine of speeder bikes sounded like they were combing around the southernmost arm of the temple complex, yet unclear whether the speeders were equipped with sensors that had a fix on your party's position.

Palms and arboray trees swayed to the southwestern tip of the temple. A sleek dark walker, some 8 meters tall, was momentarily visible clambering through the thick shadowed overgrowth, several hundred meters away, but then it was swallowed up by the rainforest shadows and the thundering of its legs on the ground suddenly fell quiet. Wherever it had gone, there were only moments before it would be on top of you.

GM: A few action possibilities...

Rex can make a Difficulty 2 Computers check as an action to pinpoint the AT-FRC walker whose reading has grown exceedingly faint on his scanner.

Anyone trying to pinpoint the AT-FRC walker's location can make a Difficulty 2 Perception check as an action.

Right now everyone has cover from the stormtroopers to the north. You can automatically switch that to cover from the walker, but that'll reveal yourself to the stormtroopers. You can attempt a Difficulty 2 check (possibly Stealth, possibly something else fitting the situation) as an action to find and move to an area of the amphitheater providing cover in both directions.

Someone could make a Difficulty 2 check (possibly Perception, Vigilance, or something else fitting the situation) to locate another archway or door or anything exiting the southwestern arm of the temple.

ML1lUuP.png

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases