D&D 5E Dwimmermount [IC]

SunGold

First Post
Shara pets the cubs and nuzzles one of them playfully, then sighs. "As much as I wish we could keep them, I'm afraid they'd complicate our travels. I doubt Muntberg would let them in, and we'd have to hunt a lot to feed them...no, they should be free to roam the forests, anyway.

But I don't want to make them your problem, either. Please don't feel like you have to take them, and especially not immediately. Did you have any interest in staying for a while, and perhaps traveling the forests with us a bit? We could use someone with your knowledge...although I understand if you'd rather not. You've been through a lot here.

Whatever you choose, I will pay you, so please don't worry about leaving here empty-handed. Take your time to decide."

GreenKarl

First Post
Toby smiles to the priestess, saying "You'll saved my life and then you have feed me for feed. Its no obligation to replay such a debt. As for staying on... I might be interested but I would need to reequip myself and without any coin that might be a problem..."

SunGold

First Post
Shara fishes her gold out of her pack and divides it up. She keeps some and hands Toby the pouch with the rest.

"When you're feeling up to it, go get yourself reequipped, and keep the rest as payment for your help. Please don't argue--your skills are valuable, and I'm not going to let you work for free," she says with a smile.

"For now, though, let's get these two fed, shall we?" she says as she pats the cubs. "And then I think we could all use some dinner of our own."

OOC: Giving him 100g.

GreenKarl

First Post
Toby looks at the coin with some reservation but finally takes it, saying "I will repay you, I promise."

With that the heroes settle in for the night. Toby arranges some wood to create a bit of a 'cave' for the bear clubs to sleep in and feeds them. The group settles in for the night and their normal watches. It is mostly quite throughout the evening, although wolf howls are heard around Midnight. They are far off though and don't get any louder or closer.

In the morning Toby is almost back to normal but remains at the cabins for that day while the heroes can head back to the stone monolith if they want. Toby had mentioned that an owlbear tends to like to eat its' prey where it lives so it is unlikely for it too have remained nearby... but possible.

eayres33

Explorer
Hunter Brightwood

Hunter was eating breakfast and listening to Toby when Toby mentioned the Owlbear, “Well I know we want to steer clear of that beast, but we still have a job to do out here, so I say we keep an eye out for it but press on.”

“Plus, there are probably going to be things much more frightening than a freakishly large Owlbear, once we get into the Dwimmermount.” Hunter said with a weak grin.

GreenKarl

First Post
The heroes make it back to the stone monolith without incident well before midday. They owlbear appeared to have left the area the previous day and the normal animal noises of the forest were back. Hunter has previously figure out where the next 'monolith' was suppose to be and the heroes headed in that direction. After two hours of cutting through the bush to make a trail they came upon another clearing full of dead or unhealthy looking plants and another monolith situated in the middle...

GM: If you want people who are trained in it can make a Intelligence (Arcana) check. Because of the previous stone and runes a more complete picture seems to be forming and so they will have Advantage on this check

GreenKarl

First Post
Corwin, studying the newest set of runes on the monolith, is quite confident that the standing stones are a system that directed magical energies. This energy is of a transmutation focus and in ancient days must have been very powerful. The runes set a patter to where there should be additional monoliths (ten totally) all surrounding a central point, where this magical energy at one time flowed. It is maybe three or four miles deeper into the forest. The heroes could make it to this 'point' (whatever it is) by evening if they wanted or they could return to camp and try in the morning...

SunGold

First Post
"I think we ought to get back to camp," Shara says. "This is worth pursuing, but it will be here in the morning. Magen's men--and Toby--should not be left to defend themselves at night."

Remove ads