Sacred Oath: Oath of the Chosen

Saamun

First Post
Hello everyone,
I have wanted to DM a D&D group for about seven years, so when it finally happened I've gone as ham as I possibly can to make it as fun and rich a game as possible for my party of four, completely new players. Among the few homebrew things I've been crafting to suit the needs of my party I knew from the first session that I would probably need to create a custom oath for the Paladin of the group, who didn't really fit into the niches presented in both the PHB and the two new oaths from UA. I needed to make something that would cater to a character who, without being the most devout of creatures has somehow stumbled, tricked or otherwise happened into becoming a Paladin through less traditional means. Rather than cut and dry paragons of good or evil, I needed an oath that would embrace characters from all walks of life, so after some thinking I've created the Oath of the Chosen.

Now I am completely new to this, and it could be that those with more experience look at this class with a critical eye and find it to be either too powerful or not strong enough in certain areas, and that is great! The whole reason I am posting this is because I am looking for critique before I shunt the class out into our game world and discover that this level 3 Paladin is demolishing challenges that should pose a threat to a full party of level 4s.

The flavor that I was going for with this was that the paladins who swear this Oath are capable of being from any walk of life, but that through the class they are able to develop a deep connection with their diety. The aim is that with the dungeon master's help every player using the class will feel like their actions have meaning and purpose, their every action aided by the god who they represent. With that explained, I present the Oath of the Chosen!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4FV-KA92JDmcndfUjJiLWFydUU

Last edited:

Remove ads