Ghost in the Shell 2017 - Spoilers allowed

Joker

First Post
So, the movie is out. Has anyone seen it? What did you think?

The critics seem satisfied, stating that it boasts great visuals and manages to bring the atmosphere from the original. But they also say the characters are somewhat lackluster. A safe by the numbers movie.

I thought one review was funny which said that Ghost in the Shell 2017 is the same as what would happen if McDonalds made sushi.

My wife and I went and saw it and both really liked it. Some though provoking themes, good visuals, a resonable (if not too deep) mystery. Sure, the characters aren't super complex, but then it came across as mostly an action movie.

We're blissfully untroubled by prior viewing of the original, and thought it a universal enough sci-fi future that the controversy over selection of the lead actress was a non-issue, so I suppose YMMV.

Richards

Legend
WHAT!? First she has no nipples and now she blinks!? Hollywood ruined my childhood (again)!

Maybe the nipples were the dials with which you could set the blink rate, or disable that feature entirely - and they broke off, leaving her in "blink occasionally" mode.

Johnathan

My wife and I went and saw it and both really liked it. Some though provoking themes, good visuals, a resonable (if not too deep) mystery. Sure, the characters aren't super complex, but then it came across as mostly an action movie.

We're blissfully untroubled by prior viewing of the original, and thought it a universal enough sci-fi future that the controversy over selection of the lead actress was a non-issue, so I suppose YMMV.

I mainly felt i wasted the 3d surcharge lol,i did love spotting the homages (not sure if the right word) of bits from both the movies and anime. I also liked that the movie gave an explanation about Batou's eyes getting enhanced.

Joker

First Post
I mainly felt i wasted the 3d surcharge lol,i did love spotting the homages (not sure if the right word) of bits from both the movies and anime. I also liked that the movie gave an explanation about Batou's eyes getting enhanced.

That explanation is given in the series as well. Only members of the Rangers get those eyes.

That explanation is given in the series as well. Only members of the Rangers get those eyes.

Guess I wasn't paying as close attention as I thought I was

EDIT: At some points during the movie I half expected this song to play

[video=youtube;zAIcWoU117s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAIcWoU117s[/video]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases