Stopping Time

Samloyal23

Adventurer
Well, I wanted a villain that people would really hate, someone who targets children seemed like an obvious choice. He is basically a Law & Order: SVU bad guy with superpowers...

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Well, I wanted a villain that people would really hate, someone who targets children seemed like an obvious choice. He is basically a Law & Order: SVU bad guy with superpowers...

So he steals the kids' cell phones, school-issued iPads, name brand clothes and shoes (Nike, Adidas, Abercombie & Fitch), and sells the loot at pawn shops or Fashion Collector stores (note the plural) in the nearby towns. Using TimeStop while driving gives him the equivalent of 200mph 'bullet train' travel times IF the field includes the vehicle motor - just don't place this in Japan or France!

His crime M.O. is not as smart as he thinks it is because he just invented the TimeStop gadget - but he's plenty impressed with himself regardless.

I don't feel DNA is a clever way to catch a time traveling criminal. Sure, it might work, but I feel it would serve the plot better if an aspect of his time travel is part of the solution to track him down.

Another better way to tackle this sort of villain, might be air displacement. When this guy stops time, he is basically moving through space at an insane speed. This sort of action would cause a lot of air displacement, that does not collapse in on itself, until time is resumed. When he deactivates his device, you'd expect to see the effects of a sudden gust of wind wherever he's been. This could be something that can be measured, and perhaps tracked.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases