(KS) The Halls of Runehammer – A Classic Dungeon Crawl for 5E

The Halls of Runehammer is a classic Dwarven Dungeon Crawl for 5E that is currently on Kickstarter from A Hole in the Ground Terrain & Games. Will you help reclaim the Halls of Runehammer and destroy the enemy within?

The Halls of Runehammer is a classic Dwarven Dungeon Crawl for 5E that is currently on Kickstarter from A Hole in the Ground Terrain & Games. Will you help reclaim the Halls of Runehammer and destroy the enemy within?

150 years ago a horrible plague called the Red Death swept the known world. When faced with the destruction of their entire clan some of the dwarves of Runehammer turned to a dark evil in an attempt to survive. Until recently that evil lay dormant, but now it threatens to engulf the entire region surrounding the Halls of Runehammer including the small town of Last Stop.

The game begins on a dark stormy night in the small town of Last Stop at the Inn of the Buxom Wench. (Multiple plot hooks are included to quickly bring the players into the game). The players quickly find themselves involved in a large battle as the town is invaded by an undead skeletal army. The aftermath of the battle begins them on their quest to explore the source and cause of the invaders, which is the Halls of Runehammer.

After a journey through the wilderness the brave adventurers find their way to the dwarven ruins of the Halls of Runehammer where they will explore multiple levels deep into the mountain halls and face many exciting and dangerous encounters into the dark below. The stretch goal sketch at the bottom of the page below will give you a hint at some of the encounters within the Halls of Runehammer.

The Halls of Runehammer is running on Kickstarter until Monday 8th May.

Grimstaff

Explorer
"$1500 - A POD (A Print on Demand) Version of Main Book - Expected Delivery December 2017. Backers would receive a complimentary copy but would have to pay the actual cost and shipping through drivethrurpg.com ."

Trying to wrap my head around this...

AngusA

First Post
"$1500 - A POD (A Print on Demand) Version of Main Book - Expected Delivery December 2017. Backers would receive a complimentary copy but would have to pay the actual cost and shipping through drivethrurpg.com ."

That's a stretchgoal. If the campaign hits $1500 then backers (of both the $5 and $10 pledge levels) will receive a coupon they can redeem to buy an 'at cost' physical copy through DriveThru. A lot of campaigns use this method to enable backers to get physical copies cheaply and it saves the project creators all the problems of packing and dispatching the books out and protects them from postage increases.

joellogan

Villager
I Understand the Confusion

Hey Grimstaff,

I am the person running the kickstarter and I understand your confusion. This is one of the distribution methods that OneBookShelf publishing offers for you to use for kickstarter fulfillment. The publisher (in this case me) makes not even one cent from offering this. Basically, you redeem the code if you choose to and would only pay the actual cost to print it and ship which saves you a lot of money as a consumer. It should be less than $10 if you are in the US or Canada. Even the European shipping options since they have a print and mail hub there is very cheap too.

I am offering this at no additional cost to your pledge level if we hit $1500. Does that make sense Grimstaff? I cover it in the FAQ on the kickstarter, too. Thanks for the great question I know it is confusing I am trying to keep the cost as low as possible for the backers.

Thanks,
Joel Logan
A Hole in the Ground Terrain & Games

Remove ads

Remove ads