D&D 5E Awkward or embarrassing moments during a session...

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
I'll kick it off...

Our old dog used to love game night and would always bug the players for left-over bits of pizza. As we sit around on sofas rather than at a table it became quite the ritual of keeping the dog at bay while eating and trying to get on with things.

One night, after doing her normal thing of bugging people for food (and everyone had finished eating!), she stood in the middle of the room and got a strange expression on her face... Moments later explosive and quite stinky diarrhea erupted from her back end. The look on my face must have been priceless!

I ushered the players out of the house while I proceeded the highly unpleasant task of cleaning up and de-fumigating the place, all the while the dog watching me wondering what the big deal was (she obviously felt much better!)

The players actually returned and graciously continued the game without so much as mentioning the issue though I can't believe I really managed to dispel all the odors...

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Another player in our (too-large-for-the-table) group brought his 3 year old daughter with a previous girlfriend along to the game.
When she filled her diaper (oops), he turned to his current girlfriend and asked HER to change the little one.

BTW, the 3 year old just loved rolling the dice.

Yikes! My dog has never done that, but she has thrown up (poor thing has quite a sensitive stomach) in front of company.

I once started off describing a room with “You enter a room filled with illusions” Whoops.

manduck

Explorer
We had a game end early one night on account of an embarrassing moment. Our GM left the room to use the bathroom. A few minutes later he comes back, walks past the table into the other room, then walks back past the table a second time with a bucket in his hands. On his way back to the bathroom he simply says "you all have to go now, like right now". Probably the fastest we ever wrapped up a game session.

Another time we played, it was a warm summer night. So we were all sitting at the table with our shoes off. The same GM ended up accidentally interlocking his toes with the person sitting next to him as they were moving their feet around. All we saw were two puzzled looks followed up by yelling and shrieking.

Last edited:

CydKnight

Explorer
I'm not sure about others but I often find myself at AL public tables with players that have hygiene issues. One time I brought a buddy from a group I DM at home to one of these sessions. As it turns my buddy found himself sitting next to someone who was hygienically challenged and starts asking out loud things like "what is that smell?" and "did something die in here?". It was crickets from everyone else at the table as they stared up at the ceiling every time he said something. Finally, I had to pull him aside and tell him what it was because he didn't know. I couldn't say who was more embarrassed because I'm not exactly sure if the person in question understood what my buddy was ranting about.

Last edited:

At times I consider myself lucky to have a bad sense of smell. But yeah, more often than not, there’s someone that smells at an AL table, whether it’s them or their clothing. And generally speaking, they don’t know that they smell, which makes even bringing the subject up awkward.

I'm not sure about others but I often find myself at AL public tables with players that have hygiene issues.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
At times I consider myself lucky to have a bad sense of smell. But yeah, more often than not, there’s someone that smells at an AL table, whether it’s them or their clothing. And generally speaking, they don’t know that they smell, which makes even bringing the subject up awkward.
Man, AL really just sells itself, huh? :)

Remove ads